The MT-07 Forum

Instrument functions surfing

Claude

2017 FZ07

As you know, instrument cluster has quite a few functions we can surf on (tripmeters, fuel consumption, temperature, odometer). But to do so, the LH hand needs to leave the handlebar which is not ideal.

On another bike of mine, there is a wonderful handlebar mounted switch, just beside the LH thumb, to make this surfing.

Did some here made some kind of modification to make the surfing process easier?

That's a good question!  I wouldn't mind a bar-mounted switch.  The trouble is that reaching for the buttons is less dangerous than looking at the display!  My first and only serious crash happened a long time ago, and it was caused by my looking in a mirror instead of at what was in front of me.

Edit:  @ElGonzales posted while I was typing.  :)

Edited by Triple Jim

• Global Moderator
2 hours ago, Triple Jim said:

...My first and only serious crash... caused by my looking in a mirror instead of at what was in front of me

I catch myself not tending to unfolding time & space - and I'm sort of surprised each time it happens because  "I know better", but I'm still slipping up once in awhile.

It's not the meter, I only glance at it - it's checking the recent area worked on, or "listening" that can really get my consciousness down at the engine/wheels instead of up & scanning 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Pursuvant said:

I catch myself not tending to unfolding time & space - and I'm sort of surprised each time it happens because  "I know better", but I'm still slipping up once in awhile.

Yeah, it's always a problem.  We just have to try to keep it to a minimum so it's not likely to coincide with another event like a car pulling out in front of us.  My mirror crash is why I won't put a cell phone in view when I'm riding.  It's just one more thing that's going to distract me.

• Like 1