The MT-07 Forum

Venom headlift problems

David D

I just bought the venom front and rear stands for my 2015 fz07 and when I try to use the headlift it seems like the bottom of the headlight housing and bottom housing mounting bracket is in the way when try to put bar with the pin goes in and lift looks like it will be resting on the bottom of the headlight housing and bracket is best I can describe I know I put them together correctly I watched several videos to make sure I didn’t have something swapped with the rear stand .. does anyone use the venom headlift stand with their stock fz? Does the headlight need to be removed to use it?  

Front is a pin type stand?  If so you are going to need to cut the metal bracket that hold the headlight in place.  In turn to keep the headlight in place you'll need to use a ziptie.  At least that is my experience.

20220211_155209.jpg

20220211_155837.jpg

20231217_073510.jpg

20231217_073726.jpg

• Like 1

Yes it is pin type,  awesome thank you! that’s exactly what I needed I appreciate you 

• Premium Member

It's been a while but I don't remember having to remove anything to use the venom head lift stand. Perhaps my 2017 is different in some way from the 2015?

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

Yeah those prongs were omitted for the 2nd gens as well.  Yamaha realized folks are racing these bikes, I guess.

5 hours ago, sweetscience said:

Yeah those prongs were omitted for the 2nd gens as well.  Yamaha realized folks are racing these bikes, I guess.

My bike is a 21 and had them.  For those racing the bike, I doubt Yamaha cares at all.  Besides that bracket gets tossed aside along with most of the stuff on the front end.  From what I can tell its just there to keep the headlamp housing from bouncing up and down.