The MT-07 Forum

What's your favorite position?

MotoFuzzle

I have a Drift Ghost S mounted on my helmet, giving me an awesome view of my daily rides.  For Christmas, I received a GoPro Hero.  I'm looking for places on the FZ-07 to mount the new camera.  For my ride into work today, I just strapped it to the rear seat, facing backwards, but i'm looking to get a little more creative.  Being a naked bike, there's not a lot of plastic to use the suction cup, so I'm looking mostly at the RAM mounts, to put it on the handlebars, passenger footpeg, or front fork.  Do you guys have a favorite mounting position?  (for the camera)

• Premium Member

I don't have an 07 yet, but on my Honda CBR250R I have a ball mount in the middle of the handlebars. I've used a chest mount that works quite well if you don't lean forward too much, and you don't have to take off the camera overtime you get off the bike. I'll ask my girlfriend.

First, it sounds like you're asking where to mount it as a 2nd camera, correct? Based on that assumption, as a viewer of numerous moto vlogs, I would say on the bars facing back at you would be the best 2nd camera angle to mix into vids with the main front-facing helmet view.

If you're on a group ride and there are some legitimately interesting things (like other riders) behind you, I could see maybe mounting on the rear of the bike facing back, but if there's nothing exciting going on behind you that would be a waste in my opinion.

If you mounted wider on the bars, with the wide angle of the GoPro you could probably kill two birds with one stone (both views mentioned above).

Just some thoughts. Happy riding and let's see some vids!

Life is good on 2 wheels!

• Premium Member

The handle bar is a great view. I've used it a few times, either looking forward or back with the Drift I have. The best place to fit the handlebar mount is on the left, so if you want a dead centered view it seems easier to rotate the camera with the Drift than the GoPro. You'd have to connect more pieces to get the desired rotation on the GoPro and I think that'd only make it less stable, creating more unsteady video. But I have yet to put that in practice…

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

The title of this thread so tempts me to abuse my powers, but I ain't gonna do it!
You should!  ;) Its a new year. Go crazy! Haha

Archived