The MT-07 Forum

Front Flush Mounts... Sort of

Frosty

So it finally quit raining long enough for me to switch everything out. It was dark, I didn't take many pictures, and I live in an appartment, so give me a little break. Amazon Flush Mounts [HASH]FlushMounts

So everybody knows the big orange balloons at each side of the headlight are god awful, so i had to switch them out. Got flush mount blinkers for an R6 off of amazon for $11 shipped. The only bad thing is you cant have running lights with these blinkers, didnt bother me cause I'm planning on putting some led strips in the front anyway.

First you have to take the headlight off. Its two bolts on either side of the headlight and the whole thing leans forward. Unplug everything and take it off. It's easier this way, trust me.

Now for the blinkers themselves. There is three bolts holding the blinker to each side. Undo all these and the assembly just slides off. There is a little black plastic washer holding the blinkers on that you have to pull off to get the blinker out (keep these, you're going to need them later). I don't like to cut the wires on the bike so I cut the pigtail on the blinker itself about two inches from the end. The blinker is only held on with the rubber grommet now. Just pull it out. Go ahead and feed the new blinker wires through the hole on the assembly.

Now you have the blinker pigtail cut with three different wires (black, blue, and green for left; black, blue, and brown for white. Maybe the other way around, I cant remember. I'ts Saturday night, judge me ;)) The flush mount blinkers only have a positive and negative wire, red and black. On both blinkers the black is negative, so go ahead and connect those. The blue wire is your running light, so just tape this one off (You can use it to connect another light source later). The brown and green wire are your positive blinker wires. Connect those to the red wires from the pigtail. 

Reassembly. Slide the black washers from before over the wires onto the hole followed by the nut that comes with the blinkers. Hand tighten, the nut and blinker are plastic so be careful. After everything is bolted in, plug the pigtails back into the bike and but the headlight back on the bike.

It took me all together maybe 30 minutes to do. And the blinkers are very bright now. Sorry for the lack of pictures. I hope everyone understands my jabbering.  

20150117_173929_zps4a8dffe0.jpg20150117_173948_zps6486938c.jpg[video src=http://vid44.photobucket.com/albums/f34/ztfrosty/20150117_182723_zpsyi1hmv90.mp4]

• Global Moderator

Nice job. That looks really good. What are you going to do at the back?

I already have blinkers in the back. If I could tag that post on my phone I would.

And I'm just going to put orange leds in the front vents like I did in the back.

I was actually just thinking of doing the same thing! Once the motodynamic integrated tail light ships, I'll probably also order their flush mounts and mount them just like yours. I think theirs come with resistors built in so you don't have the strobe signal thing going on.

'15 FZ-07
'93 Honda XR650L (supermoto/pig) (SOLD)

Archived