The MT-07 Forum

Removing the tail, turn signals, and license plate

boulevard

Disclaimer: 1. don't do this unless you are okay with some extra spray when riding in rain
2. These turn signals are bright but most visible from 5+ feet back. If you don't look before you turn I do not recommend.
3e7u7y5y.jpg
enu2yryh.jpg

Led turn signals
pasu2yju.jpgse2u2eha.jpg
ymasuhu9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One more disclaimer: I have build multiple cafe racers, bobbers, choppers, as well as large scale remote control airplanes and still found this to be a bit challenging but not impossible. It is a little more involved that just 4 bolts. You have to completely remove both side plastic pieces to get to the bolts.

The hardest part is fabricating the plastic piece to cover the hole left from the original tail bracket. I had some thick plastic that I cut to fit. It took a few tries to get it right and mounted securely.

I recommend ordering a license plate bracket that mounts to the rear axle which will involve removing the rear wheel.

All in all it was free and it is secure and looks killer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest ybcheese

Thanks for sharing, again it looks great. Its awsome when someone takes the time to show and descride a custom mod. Please show some pics when you add the license bracket.

Thanks for the pics n info buddy.

You gonna toss that signal light plate mount crap u took out?

what im contemplating is remove mine also, BUT,

mount it lower, via the swing arm. 

Picture this:

left side view of bike, an arched alum piece about the side of the wheel, goes from swing arm to the back, connects to that signal light liceplate frame thingamajiggy. so it looks like its floating. Only mounted from the left side and swings with the swing arm, not the rear of bike. Basically like a floating rear fender lice plate frame turn signal.  Might be too low u think?

get me?  lemme do some photoshoping...

www.youtube.com/infinion3

• 5 months later...
blackhillsfz07

hey man that looks awesome how did you wire the light strips in? and what did you do for the front turn signals?

Is it illegal to mount the plate like you have it in the picture? That looks so sleek. Would go really good with what I'm trying to do. If you dont mind me stealing the idea, I just might run outside and move my plate around on this lovely rainy sunday afternoon.

Archived