The MT-07 Forum

Replacing stock with Akrapovic...

biker2014

Does the fz 07 need another device for fuel mapping (?/ any other jargon) or is a straight replacement good to go?

I mentioned to my NJ dealer that I want the akrapovic and they said  i may need some other things (which i can't remember the name) to make sure the engine performs/fuel maps correctly or something?!!?

please help!

The stock factory fuel mapping will work with the aftermarket exhaust. It doesn't require any remapping and not cause engine problems. That being said, an aftermarket controller will fine tune and let you get the most out of your FZ with a new exhaust. From the factory the mapping is generally a bit on the lean side for EPA reasons and a fuel controller will optimize the performance. EJK has a controller set up for the FZ and they have run the FZ on the dyno and figured out the best settings as shipped to you. You can however make changes easily to change it as you change airfilters type or add or take out DB killers.

• Premium Member

I have the EJK from @tuninghq

It's a really great fuel controller and super easy to install and use. I don't have an Akra system, but with the kit from @marthy it really pepped up the low to mid range.

Probably not absolutely necessary - but if you get it, you'll love it.

Everything went braap.

I upgraded to the Akra exhaust on my MT07. It runs fine w/o any mods. Dealer told me it runs fine with Baffles in but recommends fuel controller if I remove baffles. So far I haven't taken baffles out. But I can tell you with Baffles in and no fuel controller it runs fine.

• Premium Member

Don't forget to search around first. This has been discussed in many threads multiple times. Akrapovic doesn't need a fuel controller if you leave the DB killer/Baffle in and have a cat.

• 2 weeks later...
Don't forget to search around first. This has been discussed in many threads multiple times. Akrapovic doesn't need a fuel controller if you leave the DB killer/Baffle in and have a cat.

Does this also go for the carbon edition? Or just the full titanium. I really want the carbon but I don't want to spend money on remapping or a fuel controller.

• Premium Member
Does this also go for the carbon edition? Or just the full titanium. I really want the carbon but I don't want to spend money on remapping or a fuel controller.
No, just Ti. Akrapovic Ti is street edition and Carbon is Race/track version. You can read up more in this thread: http://fz07.org/thread/994/akrapovic-exhaust-stage-titanium-carbon 

Archived