The MT-07 Forum

DNA Air Filters

bsf07

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum section, but I was wondering if there was anywhere else to purchase DNA air filters, or any other high flow (performance) filters, for the FZ07. The only vendor I've found is e-dnafilters.com, but their price is 73 Euro (about $90, I believe). I checked K&N, and they had nothing for our bikes...

Is there any other place that would sell them for cheaper, or is this the going rate for these filters?

Thanks.

• Premium Member

They're located in Greece and I'm not aware of a US distributor of these filters. There really is very little options currently out now for the air filter in our bikes. I'd assume with time K&N will make one. You could always remove the snorkel/airbox to increase airflow. This might alter your air/fuel ratio though. Most people that run exhaust/fuel controller remove this part of the air intake.

• Premium Member
crazycracka501

You can find more answers to that snorkel here: Airbox Snorkel.  Actually convinced me to put mine back in.

Make it stop!....Now make it go faster!

• Premium Member

Yeah, I put mine back on and personally prefer it that way.

Everything went braap.

I don't think it's really worth it just yet. I'd say just wait for a k&n filter to come out. You'll save like 200 dollars lol.

• 2 years later...

For those of you that ordered the DNA Filter and Stage 2 Lid directly from DNA in Greece, how long did it take for you to receive the parts from the time you placed the order?

I've been waiting for about 2 weeks now.

topazsparrow

Money seems better spent on the lid for the filter than the filter itself.

No reason you can't mod the stock lid for the extremely modest improvement it makes anyway. That recent thread analyzing the airflow dynamics outlines why pretty clearly. Save some money, yank your snorkel and call it a day.

You do you and I'll do me.

Unfortunately I had already ordered the DNA setup before posting, but did my research here and seemed that it was a good option when paired with the 2WDW ECU flash.  I emailed DNA about my order and waiting on their response.  Is over 2 weeks a normal wait time for those that ordered from DNA in Greece?

I ordered mine last year and I think it took about 10-14 days. I remember the tracking only showed progress in Greece.

As for the filter and lid when you compare it to the stock setup you will not regret your purchase.

• 4 weeks later...
tejascruzer
Bought mine from Houston SB as well. Haven't installed it yet though, waiting until I get an exhaust and 2WD Flash. 

Bought mine from Houston SB as well. Haven't installed it yet though, waiting until I get an exhaust and 2WD Flash.
I know what you mean! Taking the ECU out and installing the air filter requires taking off the same panels so best to do both at the same time.

You do you and I'll do me.

voltron2129

Ordered from Houston SB also. Sent ECU to 2WD Friday, so as soon as it gets back I'll install both the ECU and DNA Stage 2 kit.

Archived