The MT-07 Forum

My Ixil Hyperlow

fzpolice

Hey guys, finally had a nice day yesterday to put my L3X Hyperlow Black on. This video is a pretty accurate representation of the sound, if I do say so myself.

[video src=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcvxMOLiUDQ&feature=youtu.be]

• Premium Member

Mines coming in today! I'm stoked. Have you heard any other exhausts for the FZ in person? If so, how does it compare in terms of note and volume?

• Premium Member

Just unboxed mine. Looks pretty good except a few scrapes towards where the exhaust meets the header (pic below). Did yours have any of this? Worth talking to them about before installing?
@fzpolice

http://i.imgur.com/zBcuDom.jpg

Love that V8 rumble! Good choice - more riding vids please. :D

Current ride = 2014 Moto Guzzi California 1400 Custom

• Premium Member

Can't wait for mine to arrive now. Did you install a fuel controller?

Just unboxed mine. Looks pretty good except a few scrapes towards where the exhaust meets the header (pic below). Did yours have any of this? Worth talking to them about before installing?
@fzpolice

http://i.imgur.com/zBcuDom.jpg

I have not even seen another FZ in person, so can't comment on comparison. My exhaust had a scrape in the same spot out of the box. Not sure why, but something punctured the box and I'm assuming it came from that. As far as volume...it's loud, but not as loud as some of the v-twins around here. I would say, it sounds close to a v-twin as far as pitch, but doesn't have the loping cam sound of one.

Love that V8 rumble! Good choice - more riding vids please. :D

Will be borrowing my girfriend's gopro soon! Stay tuned!

Can't wait for mine to arrive now. Did you install a fuel controller?

Not yet, but it is on my list. There is a fair amount of popping on decel. Mostly when engine braking.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Got mine on last night, and left the db killers out. I love the sound and the look. Haven't taken it out yet, maybe later today. Going away for the weekend so will have to wait a week or two before installing the EJK.

I just noticed that your can is REALLY far away from your swingarm, wheres mine is pretty close.

Can you get us some more pictures?

I want this exhaust soooo bad. But commission work is slow and I only have $2 saved up. D:

It does look lower in the thumbnail then I remember from other online pics.

I'd love to hear it with the baffle in.
Rowdy, 
I have the baffles in mine currently.  I can make a video this weekend showing that off.

I just noticed that your can is REALLY far away from your swingarm, wheres mine is pretty close. 
Can you get us some more pictures?

Mine was very close at first, but after I loosened the header bolts to give me some wiggle room while fitting the can on, I was able to get some good distance and tightened everything down together. I also mounted the can to a hole forward of the mounting holes the stock can was bolted to. Not sure if I was supposed to or not but it seemed right.

I'll take more pictures and hopefully a gopro riding video on Monday. Will put the baffles in too if Rowdy doesn't get to it before me.

Archived