The MT-07 Forum

Termignoni carbon

partysub

Hey everyone. I just finished installing my termignoni exhaust. I ordered it from a shop in Italy and it took exactly one week to arrive in NY. The installation was easy and the only hiccup was fitting the muffler hangar on the supplied bracket. A little cursing and yelling and it was done. It comes with 2 silencers, a regular one and a race one. I didn't have enough time to switch them or even remove the one installed from the factory So I have no idea what the difference is. I will take some pictures of the difference when I get a chance.

20150329_144900.jpg
20150329_144851.jpg

I got a chance to try the different silencers. The factory one has holes on both sides and kinda tapers in on the inside. The race one is just a straight pipe. You will see the difference in the pictures.
20150401_111245.jpg20150401_111250.jpg

Here is a videos of each. It starts with the factory one, then race, then none. the sound quality on playback leaves a lot to be desired. Basically the factory one is loud, the race one is way louder, and none is deeper and crazy loud.th_20150401_111625.jpg

Looks great! How much did this cost?

I don't remember the exact price but I paid mid $600 shipped from italy. This price will change as the value of the euro goes up or down.

• Premium Member

Looks great! Its nice having multiple options of silencers

• Premium Member

I like the look and the sound. Neither silencer seems overly loud (which I'm a big fan of), and I actually think I like the tone of the factory one more.
Nice exhaust!

Why can't left turners see us?

Interested in this exhaust. Could you link the site you bought from. Thanks
[bkr] 
No problem. The site is omniaracing.Com. dont order from their ebay site as it was more expensive. Sending emails gets a little tricky with broken english, but ordering on their site was very easy. I placed the order on a Thursday night, it was shipped on the next Tuesday and at my door on thursday! I can't get stuff in the US that fast. Everything was packed good and I had no issues. I highly recommend them.

• Premium Member
snowdriftless

Looks nice, Much appreciated write up. I think Tylenol stock just went up from all the headaches FZ-07 owners get over choosing exhaust.

P1: Vice? I have no vice, I'm as pure as the driven snow!
P2: Yeah but you've been drifting

All the gear all the time!

• Premium Member
Looks nice, Much appreciated write up. I think Tylenol stock just went up from all the headaches FZ-07 owners get over choosing exhaust

No kidding :) I really wish there was someone or some company out there in position to do a real comparo between all the aftermarket full exhaust vendors. Rate each one based upon packaging, looks, ease of install, and sound -- and provide video reviews side by side of the sounds, all in the same exact environment on the same exact bike.

• 1 month later...

I'm also considering the Termignoni exhaust.  What fuel controller, if any, is recommended?

As of right now I'm not running any fuel controller and have had no issues. Eventually I will go with the ejk.

I'm also considering the Termignoni exhaust.  What fuel controller, if any, is recommended?

Guest JerzieFREQ

Finally someone in the US who has it. Been looking to get this exhaust for a while now. I think you just confirmed it. How's the sound? Can't tell much in the videos.

Finally someone in the US who has it. Been looking to get this exhaust for a while now. I think you just confirmed it. How's the sound? Can't tell much in the videos.

it's hard for me to describe the sound since I have yet to hear another fz 07 with an exhaust in person. I have been riding it with the race baffle in as it is louder than the street one and still feels as peppy as stock. I did a short ride with no baffle and I think it felt like it lost a little snap. With both baffles I have a hard time keeping the front tire down in 1st and 2nd and I am 240 without gear. I ride with a buddy who has a harley 883 with pipes and at low rpms they sound pretty similar. Higher rpms it starts to sound a little higher pitch. I got a new gopro recently and when I get a chance I'll try to get more videos.

It's great to hear positive feedback from someone. Thanks for the feedback. I know the videos don't do the exhaust sound justice, but from what I've heard the exhaust with both baffles sounds really nice. I'm probably going to buy this pretty soon.

Guest JerzieFREQ

on their website right now and cant get it to stay in English. Whenever I click the cart it goes back to Italian. But the USD price at this moment is &769.81. Which is still pretty good considering the MSRP on this is $950.

on their website right now and cant get it to stay in English. Whenever I click the cart it goes back to Italian. But the USD price at this moment is &769.81. Which is still pretty good considering the MSRP on this is $950.

if I remember correctly you can click on the little flag somewhere on the top and force it to change again. Remember that if you are in the US you don't pay the VAT. It will update to the correct price before you pay. There was also no importing taxes.

Guest JerzieFREQ
if I remember correctly you can click on the little flag somewhere on the top and force it to change again. Remember that if you are in the US you don't pay the VAT. It will update to the correct price before you pay. There was also no importing taxes.
I saw the little flag but once I click, the website refreshes and goes to home page.  Really weird but I'll just have to use Google translate function haha

• 3 weeks later...

Notice: This got really long and I'm in a hurry. I will edit for spelling and content later :)
Notice 2: TL:DR Both great pipes. Termi has more flexibility for sound volume, but is a slightly more difficult to install, even with out my unique install experience.
Notice three: Pertinent corrections in italics.

Hi everyone. I've had my Termignoni on for a few hundred miles now and wanted to add some thoughts to this thread

Unboxing and apearance:

Big smiles. It is beautiful!!!!! The visual quality is slightly better than my Yoshi that I just replace. Close in quality, but little things like the quality of the carbon fiber is slightly better on my Termignoni. Packaging was EXCELLENT and more than sufficient, made it's way from Italy to my doorstep in Portland, OR 3.5 days with standard shipping option and there was no damage.

Install:

As you may have seen in another thread, I think I was unlucky and had some install problems. I have many years as a top certified auto tech. I also recently sold my 72 Datsun 510 that I put about 8k and hundreds of hours of mods all done by myself(all the way down to smoothing the inside of the engine block casting to promote oil drainage), so I'm definitely in my element here.

One collector pipe inlet was slightly oblong/oval and the head pipe wouldn't insert into it's normal position. The O2 sensor bung would not accept the O2 sensor, The first thread that engages was binding up. I'm not sure if it was cut incorrectly or got getting to hot during welding. Thankfully, I have a lot of experience doing custom work and I was able to eventually make everything work.

It takes me about 30 minutes to install the Yoshi start to finish. It took me 4 hours to install the Termignoni with challenges that I had to overcome. I'm assuming this was some freak rare incident and that you would not have to deal with an ovaled pipe, nor the O2 sensor threading challenge. My best guess is that the install time with perfect parts is around 45min-1 hour for a skilled individual and maybe 1.5-2.5 hours for a weekend-warrior mechanical skills.

Installed visual appear:

A+. I have to say, I do love the look of the yoshi header pipe better (but only slightly better), with it's ultra high shine! But the Termignoni also looks amazing in that brush appearance. The pics everywhere, including in this thread do not show the heat cycles. It has taken on an attractive subtle deep blueish purple in certain areas of the pipe after some 9k RPM heat cycles.

As mentioned above, IMO the carbon is slightly better quality and more attractive than the Yoshi. I would give the encap of the Yoshi a 9/10 and the Termignoni a 10/10. The termignoni carbon cap that sticks out is just perfection. And, although personal preference, I find the lines/contours of the Termignoni endcap a little more attractive.

And finally, the position of the muffler is different for the Yoshi and Termi. The Yoshi is slightly more linear and streamlined as can be seen if you look at the header pipes side by side (sorry I didn't take pics), as the Termi has a big bend at the end of the header pipe pointing it more out to the side than rearward like the Yoshi. The the two are very similar, but the end of the Termi sits out laterally just a little more, something I also like. It draws your eye to it a little more. 

Sounds:

This is a big deal and I don't think that many people get to compare the different sounds. I'm happy to have heard stock, Yoshi silencer in/out, and Termi with stock silencer in/out.

Yoshi: Two modes. Super loud and MEGA loud. This bothered me a little. Yoshi with the silencer out is PURE BLISS as far as the tone/note of the exhaust. But it was just too loud for me. Even with ear plugs in, it gets tiring after an hour on the bike. With the silencer in, it is a tolerable level, but seriously, it's too loud for me to be coming home at 1am when my neighbors are asleep and try and avoid being "that guy" in the neighborhood. Also, the silencer adds a hint of a high pitch sound to the Yoshi when you are getting on it. Something I didn't like, but I'm splitting hairs at this point.

Termignoni: Three modes. Stock silencer. Race silencer. No silencer. I haven't tried the race silencer and will update when I do.

1. Stock silencer is PERFECT if you have neighbors that you care about not being assholes to. My driveway is 40 feet long. With the exhaust facing away from the street(bike facing the street) and I'm standing on the sidewalk, I can barely hear the exhaust at idle. Up close it has a great low tone and sounds ready for fun. Cruising it's similar to the sound of the Yoshi but I'd guess about 5 decibels lower, which is perfect in my mind. I have a very quiet helmet (related to wind noise) and with this silencer I don't have to wear earplugs if it's not a very windy day. Open the throttle up and it will growl! And it's PERFECT. It has that deeeeep, wet tone to it, not a higher pitch raspy one like the Yoshi tends to. From day one I always thought of the Yoshi at WOT (wide-open-throttle for the lay person) sounding like a Jaguar(the actual jungle cat) screaming, which is super cool. But the Termi sounds more like a muscle car, a 600cc bike, and Isaac Hayes had a threesome. It's kinda amazing......uummmm......the sounds.....not the threesome ;) And a final note.....on the note ;) It does have an unexpected and slightly odd whistle to it at a specific throttle position at about 15% throttle range. I don't totally love the whistle/buzz sound, but it doesn't bother me. It's very subtle and overpowered by the wonderful low grumbly tone, but you WILL notice it.

Not much to say about the no silencer mode. VERY similar to Yoshi with no silencer. Slightly deeper note, IMO, on the Termi. And just as loud as Yoshi, so earplugs def required.

This is perfect for me. The silencers are SUPER easy to change so I don't have to be the noisy asshole to my neighbors all the time, but can pop out the silencer when I get a little hooligan bug. It's so simple, you could even do it on the road if you had a backpack.

Hands down the Termi beats the Yoshi on flexibility of sound options, and it beats the Yoshi just slightly on sound quality (but that's a subjective preference).

Overall: It's very close and you'll be happy with either(unless you want to not destroy your neighbors with the sound or want to ride without ear plugs from time to time), I give the Yoshi a very good rating, but not excellent due to the limited volume options. Termignoni gets an EXCELLENT! Termignoni REALLY stepped it up giving you impeccable quality of components, excellent sound quality, excellent sounds level options.

Also, I should be going to Two Wheel Dyno Works this week and Nels will hopefully do a custom map for the Termignoni!!!! :)

This thread needs more pics and high-quality audio/video

'15 FZ-09 Cadmium Yellow
'15 White Fz-07 - Sold

Guest JerzieFREQ

@bigity great write bud. Needed someone to thoroughly describe the Termignoni. Thanx for the comparison as well. What kind of fuel controller are you using if any?

@bigity great write bud. Needed someone to thoroughly describe the Termignoni. Thanx for the comparison as well. What kind of fuel controller are you using if any?
Thanks Jerzie. No fuel controller yet. I know fuel controllers are great, but they aren't for me. Not sure if anyone is familiar with Megasquirt, but I used it on my Datsun 510 when I added fuel injection and distributor-less ignition. Piggy backs like fuel controllers help but are so limited. I'm not hatin, if that's in your budget and your style, awesome! You'll love it. But being able to change the actual computer (like the Megasquirt) is the best way to do it, and it also gives access to other important changes. Since there aren't any devices like that for our bikes, the next best thing is someone who can change the factory computer. I can't wait for Nel's to flash my bike and get all of the other benefits like ignition curve adjustment, no decel cut, lower fan switching temps. I hate being in traffic in the heat and seeing my poor bike reading 224 degrees. Yes, you read that correct! 224! 

Archived