The MT-07 Forum

Termignoni carbon

partysub

Guest JerzieFREQ

@bigity ok that sounds good. Please let me know when you get your computer remapped. Would love to see what you've changed and how it has affected your ride. And I can definitely relate to the 224° while sitting in traffic. Really scared the crap out of me the first time I saw it haha. It would be a great benefit to have the fans switch on much earlier. I'll probably be ordering the Termignoni very soon. ☺

• Premium Member

Absolutely love look and sound of this exhaust!
partysub - just to confirm, this is the part number of the exhaust you purchased from omniracing: Y104090CV ?
P.S. We're rocking the same front blinkers (you have good taste!)

I'm so beat! I rode 2.5 hours to 2 wheel dyno works today. They made custom maps for the termignoni and then 2.5 hours back. Super excited to get some miles on it and see how it goes. So far I like it. A quick calculation of milage shows zero drop in highway mileage on my way home.

Cool thing is that the two silencers and without all make almost all the same power with the "race silencer" making 1hp more than the stock silencer and no silencer. I like this because you can swap to any sound configuration and have almost the exact same performance.

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk161/cjfpdx/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20150616_115835_zpsp4xlcvfu.jpg

Absolutely love look and sound of this exhaust! partysub - just to confirm, this is the part number of the exhaust you purchased from omniracing: Y104090CV ?
P.S. We're rocking the same front blinkers (you have good taste!)

That is the correct part number. That's the one I bought and installed :)

Guest JerzieFREQ
I'm so beat! I rode 2.5 hours to 2 wheel dyno works today. They made custom maps for the termignoni and then 2.5 hours back. Super excited to get some miles on it and see how it goes. So far I like it. A quick calculation of milage shows zero drop in highway mileage on my way home. 
Cool thing is that the two silencers and without all make almost all the same power with the "race silencer" making 1hp more than the stock silencer and no silencer. I like this because you can swap to any sound configuration and have almost the exact same performance.

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk161/cjfpdx/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20150616_115835_zpsp4xlcvfu.jpg
How's the bike doing now?  I really need to find someone good near me to remap the ecu once I get the Termignoni. 

• Premium Member

I have a question regard the Termi exhaust: on Termi's website it states, "The exhaust can be considered homologated (express agreement with or approval of. I looked it up : )) only if associated to the catalyzer sold apart.(Cod. Y104CAT)". I'm in California and but we don't smog our bikes, so who is the catalyzer for/ who needs it?? Thanks!

How's the bike doing now?  I really need to find someone good near me to remap the ecu once I get the Termignoni. 
The bike is running nicely. Super smooth. Great power/torque increase in the mid range that you can really feel, right where I want it, and I'm still getting almost the exact same mileage. And that's the cool thing about Nels. Just mail him your ECU and he'll remap it for you. 

I have a question regard the Termi exhaust: on Termi's website it states, "The exhaust can be considered homologated (express agreement with or approval of. I looked it up : )) only if associated to the catalyzer sold apart.(Cod. Y104CAT)". I'm in California and but we don't smog our bikes, so who is the catalyzer for/ who needs it?? Thanks!
My guess is that it's a European thing. They seem to be more strict with bikes, or at least in some of the countries. Also, it is technically illegal in the US to use the Yoshi, Termignoni, Akra Carbon and so on because you have "tampered with the emission system." I think the Akra Titanium is the only official street legal system because the decibel level and catalytic converter are fixed. You could technically get a ticket for having one of the prior exhausts, but I'm guessing the cops don't care/don't know enough about the individual exhausts. So really, it's just a technicality to inform customers that it's illegal to use the exhaust without the converter.

yamobethere

@Bigity, do you mind posting couple pics of the Termi exhaust on your bike? I was going to buy the Akra Ti but it is on back order everywhere and your description of the Termi Carbon makes it sound like a perfect alternative.

That and I think the carbon goes way better with white.

@Bigity, do you mind posting couple pics of the Termi exhaust on your bike? I was going to buy the Akra Ti but it is on back order everywhere and your description of the Termi Carbon makes it sound like a perfect alternative. 
That and I think the carbon goes way better with white.

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk161/cjfpdx/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20150626_201402_zpsulpwo3s0.jpg
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk161/cjfpdx/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20150626_201327_zpsfjaoomag.jpg
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk161/cjfpdx/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20150626_201347_zps75xj0zfb.jpg

• 1 month later...

I put my order in for this exhaust over a month ago from Italy and still haven't received it. Now dude is on summer break so the earliest I'm looking at is probably September... you guys think its worth the wait?

Who did you order from? I bought mine from carpimoto, Italy to California in 3 days. Put mine on last week, great exhaust. Hit me up if you have any questions.

I ordered from EM Lineamoto, I should have headed the warnings, dude responds to me once a week if I am lucky. I think I am just going to cancel the purchase through paypal and use carpimoto, enough is enough.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

I haven't heard anyone mention Caprimoto before (maybe I wasn't paying attention).  It's the best price I've seen for the carbon exhaust.  @stix, what was your out the door price??

Archived