The MT-07 Forum

Woodcraft Frame Sliders

Guest brickst3r

• Premium Member

IDK I personally went with the vagabond ones because I didn't like the idea of swapping out engine mount bolts

IDK I personally went with the vagabond ones because I didn't like the idea of swapping out engine mount bolts

It's not a big deal. Pretty sure all the sport bikes I had mounted the sliders using the engine mount bolts.

It's not a big deal really. Pretty sure all the sliders I had on my sportbikes mounted using engine mount bolts. Woodcraft has a good reputation for their frame sliders, I'd say choose the ones you like the most ultimately.

• Premium Member
snowdriftless

It's not a big deal. Pretty sure all the sport bikes I had mounted the sliders using the engine mount bolts.
Same here, All you need is the applicable socket drives (10mm Allen, 17mm Nut), A torque wrench that can measure 35 ft/lbs (You can find decent ones for $30), and grease/oil. I do not know why people have a problem with swapping out engine bolts.

P1: Vice? I have no vice, I'm as pure as the driven snow!
P2: Yeah but you've been drifting

All the gear all the time!

Same here, All you need is the applicable socket drives (10mm Allen, 17mm Nut), A torque wrench that can measure 35 ft/lbs (You can find decent ones for $30), and grease/oil. I do not know why people have a problem with swapping out engine bolts.

Probably think the motor will drop? Dunno.

Guest brickst3r

It looks simple enough for the install. I went ahead and purchased the woodcraft slider. The design is unique, if you actually slide on it you can just replace the puck and not the entire slider. It's only $15 a puck too. But I also hope to never have to replace it lol.

Because longer bolts = weaker bolts.

• Premium Member
snowdriftless
Because longer bolts = weaker bolts.

Given that we are talking about bolts that have yield strengths in the range of a gigapascal (GPa) and the bolts are not torque to yield I don't see why this would be a problem.

P1: Vice? I have no vice, I'm as pure as the driven snow!
P2: Yeah but you've been drifting

All the gear all the time!

Archived