The MT-07 Forum

Need tuner with new exhaust?

cmar143

Looking to get some feedback from you guys that have replaced your exhaust with new pipe and headers. Did you need to add a tuner afterward to get it to run right through rpm range? I am looking to purchase a Yoshi exhaust and wanted to get some feedback to see how it will run alone. Thanks

• Premium Member

Check out the supporting vendor Dobeck Performance in this forum. They have a number of solutions, and packages that also include their fuel controller (the EJK). I believe there is even a discount for forum members.

From what I understand any modification to the exhaust beyond full stock will cause the bike to run leaner, and for optimal performance a fuel controller is highly recommended to dial the fuel/air ratios back in. Without one you may experience a drop in torque and/or popping during deceleration.

Good luck!

• Premium Member
phicurious86

You should get a tuner. I've got the yoshi pipe and there were two quick issues with it. 1.) It actually seemed like the bike lost a little low end power. 2.) Pretty nasty popping sounds on hard deceleration.

Dobeck EJK fixed both of those issues.

Yoshi claims that theyre pipe is mapped for stock ecm and no low end loss of power that is why I ask. Is the EJK module plug and play or do you have to splice into harness?

• Premium Member

The EJK from Dobeck Performance is Plug N Play, retails at $250, contact Dillon for the forum discount of $25, just installed mine this weekend, took no longer than 30 minutes and the difference is day and night on smoothness.

• Global Moderator
Hey Dillon I need the discount to purchase the ejk on eBay will that work ?
PM or email him to ask. I do not know if he is going to see this post. 

Post seen! You need to contact us to get the promo code and it cannot be used on Ebay as some EJK controllers are sold by our dealers and other companies.

You will not find the EJK any cheaper on Ebay unless it is used.

I believe I made a promo code for you today actually Jbird!

To receive a promo code for the discount, you need to send us an email or give us a call. 1.877.764.3337 or email sales@dobeckperformance.com

As a reminder, we can provide you with the exhaust even if you do not want the EJK. Contct us for exhaust only pricing.

-TuningHQ

d5c39f57-59c4-41a4-b04f-036c853f2a64_zpse3f79d78.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
Post seen! You need to contact us to get the promo code and it cannot be used on Ebay as some EJK controllers are sold by our dealers and other companies. 
You will not find the EJK any cheaper on Ebay unless it is used.

I believe I made a promo code for you today actually Jbird!

To receive a promo code for the discount, you need to send us an email or give us a call. 1.877.764.3337 or email sales@dobeckperformance.com

As a reminder, we can provide you with the exhaust even if you do not want the EJK. Contct us for exhaust only pricing.

-TuningHQ

Do you guys have any plans on adding exhaust set ups to your website or is it best just to give you a call? I already know a couple situations in which I could have passed on your website to have someone buy their exhaust and EJK all at one place. I will definitely be reaching out to you guys once I scrape up my more mod money. Its always nice to be able to get complimentary parts all in one delivery from the same source.  

Archived