The MT-07 Forum

Rear Hugger

phicurious86

• Premium Member
phicurious86

Anyone have any experience with this ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-FZ-07-FZ07-FZ7-MT07-14-15-Rear-Tire-Hugger-Flat-Black-MADE-IN-ENGLAND-/381226584166?hash=item58c2e00866&vxp=mtr

They make it a shiny black, shiny carbon, and flat black. I'm interested in the flat back shown in the last 2 pictures on right.

I was also looking at the ermax unpainted - http://www.motomachines.com/Ermax-Rear-Hugger-for-Yamaha-FZ-07_p_5023.html

• Premium Member

I've got the ebay one in gloss black, wish I had gotten it in flat black.
It's made by PowerBronze and is a high quality product. Easy install and includes everything you need.

Why can't left turners see us?

• Premium Member
phicurious86
I've got the ebay one in gloss black, wish I had gotten it in flat black. It's made by PowerBronze and is a high quality product. Easy install and includes everything you need.
Cool. Does it attach to the right side of the bike via the factory bolt and plastic pin?

• Premium Member
I've got the ebay one in gloss black, wish I had gotten it in flat black. It's made by PowerBronze and is a high quality product. Easy install and includes everything you need.
Cool. Does it attach to the right side of the bike via the factory bolt and plastic pin?
No, there's an additional little bracket you screw down under the rear brake hose guide, and then the hugger screws to that with a rubber bushing.  All the mounting points had rubber bushings.  Nice touch. 

Why can't left turners see us?

• Premium Member
phicurious86

Nice. That's an improvement over the plastic pin.

Archived