The MT-07 Forum

Fender eliminator install

psumech

This weekend I installed a tail tidy that I picked up on eBay. There is a gap left between the bracket and the tail light. Anyone else use this kind of eliminator and have the same gap? I noticed that Graves and some others have you cut off a piece of the old fender to fill the gap. Any thoughts on this?

IMG_20150419_123941_zpsnfzujzyi.jpg[/url]

I used the old piece and trimmed it that was part of the stock assembly myself I would think a kit should come with a piece to fill that gap though for sure. In my case I made my own fender eliminater so I had to reuse the stock piece and trim it.

• Premium Member

Not sure -- I went with the Yoshimura, and there are no gaps or anything to worry about.

• 3 weeks later...

I was looking on ebay for fender eliminators too. Is this particular hardware from a store called CustomizedBikeParts, or a seller called creese1? Were you able to fill that gap?

Yes that is the guy on eBay I got it from. I didn't try cutting the piece to fill the gap yet, but I'm sure it will work out. That is also what the instructions for the graves eliminator say to do.

Cool cool... I was initially turned off by that gap, but it sounds like a pretty easy fix to... fix. Ebay, here I come!

Just a tip for this tail tidy. I didn't like the exposed wires, and I didn't like the wires running through a hole in the tail tidy without any extra protection. I used some cable sheathing around the wires and put a rubber grommet in the hole that they pass through. I think it looks better and don't need to worry about that edge wearing the wires.

IMG_20150418_161859_zpsfisqvwpt.jpg

• 2 months later...
Yes that is the guy on eBay I got it from. I didn't try cutting the piece to fill the gap yet, but I'm sure it will work out. That is also what the instructions for the graves eliminator say to do.

Did that kit come with instructions? I just ordered it but was emailed saying it does not have instructions. Is it difficult to install?

• Premium Member
Did that kit come with instructions? I just ordered it but was emailed saying it does not have instructions. Is it difficult to install? 

No instructions needed, just watch a youtube video for any tail tidy on the FZ and its self explanatory.   

I never covered that gap, you cant really see it unless you are looking for it anyway. 

Archived