The MT-07 Forum

Clutch Pedal Adjustment?

Guest montana07

Guest montana07

I'm trying to raise my clutch pedal and I know how to do it, but I'm not having much success. I was able to raise it part way but at this point the top nut won't budge despite their being more thread left.  Whenever I try to loosen it to allow further adjustment the whole link rotates lowering the pedal until the link separates on the bottom.  Any ideas? Maybe I'm missing something, I'll fully admit I'm a pretty amateur wrench.

bmwpowere36m3

You have to loosen the locknuts on either end of the threaded rod…. don't forget one will be LH-thread. If your running out of adjustment, then move the lever on the splined shaft and readjust the threaded rod.

Guest montana07

That's what I'm doing, and it appears there's plenty of thread for adjustment. The issue is I can't loosen the top locknut further, the entire rode just spins until it separates from the lower attachment.

I don't exactly remember what I did but I know it involved 2 wrenches. One to hold the link in place while I work the other bolt.

Guest Ralph

One nut is left and thread as said above so to loosen that one you have to turn it the
opposite way it may be you have striped the thread in one end not knowing this.

Spinning the actual rod should should adjust both end at the same time that's why they are opposite threads. As you spin the rod one way both ball joint ends should move inwards and spinning the other way you move both end apart.

If it was installed wrong with one end being spun in half or so way before the other end was put on, that might be the problem because one end will run out of adjustment before the other.

2015 Matte Metallic Grey FZ-07

• Premium Member

I often forget which end of the adjuster rod is left hand thread, so I made this little reminder....

ujlhGco.jpg

Archived