The MT-07 Forum

Exhaust gaskets

modmaster

modmaster

When changing over to a new exhaust system do you have to put in new cylinder pipe gaskets? What have you done?

modmaster

pantheraleo
When changing over to a new exhaust system do you have to put in new cylinder pipe gaskets? What have you done? 
modmaster

If you refer to the gaskets at the headers....I believe I re-used the originals. My bike had under 1000 miles.

O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts,
And men have lost their reason. Bear with me.
My heart is in the coffin there with Caesar,
And I must pause...till it come back to me.

thestache

The guy who installed mine used the old ones, and Two brothers recommended the same when I asked them, I had around 1500 miles on my bike

Guest brickst3r

I'm going to reuse my old ones as well when my exhaust arrives but i think you can get some from yamaha for pretty cheap if you feel the need to change em out. just call up your dealer.

they are crush washers and intended for single use just like the copper ones for brake system banjos. Once the nuts are torqued, the washer will deform for best seal. Mileage has nothing to do with it. Yam 3YF-14613-01-00 ($5@ronAyers). You can re-cycle if you want, but you run a decent chance of an exhaust leak. If nothing else, apply some fresh high-temp silicone (orange) when re-installing.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

modmaster

Thank you for all your replies. I appreciate you guys.

modmaster

Archived