The MT-07 Forum

T-Rex Spool Adapter

Guest JerzieFREQ

bmwpowere36m3

Does OES make them? I thought they just had the axle slider w/spool notch. I know Graves makes a spool adapter, but you need to drill two holes in the swingarm.

Guest JerzieFREQ
Does OES make them? I thought they just had the axle slider w/spool notch. I know Graves makes a spool adapter, but you need to drill two holes in the swingarm.
yea i'm not about the drilling holes life (unless its the other kind, hahha). But anyways i like these because its an easy fit.  I think I may go with the OES ones because they're cheaper.

I like the fact that the adapter mounts to the swing arm instead of the axle bolt. These would be more useful since you can still use them when removing the rear wheel, unlike the OES ones. The price is not worth me switching the OES ones since my rear stand also has the pads.

• Premium Member
I was just browsing through the vastness of Ebay and ran across this: 
http://www.ebay.com/itm/T-Rex-2013-2015-Yamaha-FZ-07-Spool-Adaptor-/301625918343?hash=item463a4e4387&vxp=mtr

Does anyone here have them?  Just another option out there.  I don't have spools yet so still deciding on a good option.  The OES ones are pretty sweet also.
The OES ones are fine -- as long as you don't plan on using a spool stand and taking off your rear wheel at the same time.

bmwpowere36m3
yea i'm not about the drilling holes life (unless its the other kind, hahha). But anyways i like these because its an easy fit.  I think I may go with the OES ones because they're cheaper.

Yeah, but the two are totally different... one allows the removal of the rear wheel and the other doesn't. In addition chain adjustments.

The OES "spool" is basically only good for cleaning and lubing the chain. Or holding the bike upright.

Archived