The MT-07 Forum

T-Rex billet spool adapters

scordiaboy515

scordiaboy515

...........any thoughts on these???http://www.ebay.com/itm/T-Rex-2013-2015-Yamaha-FZ-07-Spool-Adaptor-/301625918343?hash=item463a4e4387&vxp=mtr

scordiaboy515
They seem like they would work, but not nearly as clean and elegant as the Gilles Tooling solution.
    true, but with the Gilles you can't remove the rear wheel...at the track you go thru a lot of rear tires 

The Gilles part replaces the chain tensioner mechanism, not the axle blocks. So, yes, you can use this and still remove the axle/wheel.

• Premium Member
They seem like they would work, but not nearly as clean and elegant as the Gilles Tooling solution.
    true, but with the Gilles you can't remove the rear wheel...at the track you go thru a lot of rear tires
So your going to the track a lot?  Why the FZ-07?  Just curious.  Not exactly the tool for the job (if you know what I mean). 

Why can't left turners see us?

scordiaboy515
So your going to the track a lot?  Why the FZ-07?  Just curious.  Not exactly the tool for the job (if you know what I mean).
.....no, I don't know what you mean....ever heard of a SV650? 

• Premium Member
.....no, I don't know what you mean....ever heard of a SV650?
Yea... also not the perfect tool for the job, but a nice DD. Sorry, and please don't take me wrong, but if I was intending to go to the track a lot, I don't think my first choice would have been an FZ-07 or an SV650, although they would be good for learning track skills.

Why can't left turners see us?

• Premium Member

To keep on subject. I think they don't look that bad and saving $100+ is always good.

Archived