The MT-07 Forum

Rizoma "Club S" Rear Signals

Guest GringoStarr

Guest GringoStarr

...with Yoshi Fender Eliminator.  

This isn't simply a review but rather a trick I used for installing these signals with the Yoshi fender.  The "Club S" function as brake lights too so there's naturally a fair amount of splicing/wiring. I'm not out to make Rizoma look bad--I have almost every part they offer for the FZ/MT-07 (I've found their cowl, despite being small, to be excellent at streamlining the aerodynamics and their frame sliders are nice and compact)

The mounts for the signals on the fender eliminator may be more narrow than the stock fender and/or the club signals are smaller so they'd be buried behind the plate and not visible.  A single pair of Rizoma's FR300B extensions (you will need one) is not enough.  The mounting adapters they sell would not prevent the signal from rotating around in the hole of the Yoshi.  Therefore, I unscrewed the stock light from the rubber stanchion and was able to bolt the Rizoma light to it.  This also has the bonus of retaining a lot of flexibility.  There is a fair amount of wiring to be done since each light require both resistors? to step down the stock voltage and the plug must be cut from the light to fit through said hole in the stock stanchion.  While a bit of a hack, I'm not displeased with it.

[attachment id=768" thumbnail="1]

• Global Moderator

You have the signal plates mounted reversed, the edge should be flush with the plate frame, Or was that to hide the ugly bases.

Also i love those signals

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Archived