The MT-07 Forum

Ninja 300 Yoshimura Exhaust on FZ-07??

rwynne24

So let's just talk a little crazy here. A buddy of mine hit a deer a couple months back on his ninja 300, he kept the bike up and everything he even has a video on YouTube of it! But his insurance company decided to replace his yoshimura exhaust for him since it was dented in one tiny spot! Anyways we get to talking tonight and he tells me he will give it to me for free and I can try to mount it! Does anyone think that is crazy?? I was obviously going to take it to a shop and see or just remove the stock muffler myself and see if they fit. Any ideas or comments from you guys??

Good news: I know the 2008+ ninjas (250 & 300) have their aftermarket exhausts mounted to the passenger pegs, so it could be mounted there for the FZ.

Not so good news: You also have to think of where you would cut the stock exhaust. If you want to keep the CAT, or cut it where the header pipes merge into one. Either way cutting, and some serious custom piping would be involved, which may be expensive depending on your local shops.

You also have the option of buying Arrow exhaust headers (they are very highly regarded and high quality headers that work with most aftermarket slipons), and again adding some custom piping to connect the two.

Considering the cost of quality piping, and the labor to cut & bend it properly, it may be cheaper to buy an exhaust that was made for the FZ. Just my $0.02

Well that is disappointing to hear to say the very least lol looks like I'll just save up for a full yoshi exhaust! Thanks for your input!

Well that is disappointing to hear to say the very least lol looks like I'll just save up for a full yoshi exhaust! Thanks for your input!
I was only speaking from a general point of view. Since I am stubborn and like to DIY a lot of stuff, if I were you, I would take your friends exhaust and at least hold it up to your bike to see the jist of what would need to be fabricated. It would make for a fun project! 
The last thing I would want for my bike is to have every single mod be purchased. There's a lot more pride in doing/making it on your own. Give it a try, it'll only take some of your time. If you won't be riding in the winter you could also save it for a winter project.

That is true! I love working on my bike it gives you a sense of pride a winter project does sound like a good idea! I'm gonna talk to some shops around me and see what we could do being as I don't have the tools myself! I'll keep the forum updated on the progress!

I doubt it will fit but you can always try to make it fit. Not sure if the dimensions on the can will be right, though.

Beemer

Archived