The MT-07 Forum

Forward slanted fender eliminator

Geteup

Has anyone tried this one yet? I saw it on ebay recently and although i have the Graves, which i love, i was curious as to how it looked on the bike. On my previous bike it was situated this way and originally how i wanted the 07's to sit. So does anyone have pics of it on the bike?

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-FZ-07-FZ-07-MT-07-MT-07-Fender-eliminator-BLACK-FRONT-FACING-NTS-P-L-/351467576983?nav=SEARCH

87' Honda VFR 700 F2 (sold)
03' Honda CBR F4I (donated)
05' Yamaha R1 (sold)
15' FZ-o7

I think the one he posted has it angled toward the front of the bike? I feel like a cop would wonder why you're hiding. :P

• Premium Member

Agree, one that is slated towards the front could result in more interest from the police and could result in getting a ticket.

booboobusfz07

It's a relatively common style over here in the sfbay. I've already got a vagabond eliminater but I love the idea of this. Dont feel like being the guinea pig tho lol once someone else does it and there are some decent pictures up I might do it.
This and some of those led panel turnsignals would be a super clean setuo

mines is strapped to middle of the frame rails and no fender elim to show off the sexy butt.. i live in ga and have had cops behind me numerous time never even a care .. i mean directly behind me ..to be fair i mounted a hidden white led to the other side of the rear brake reservoir so it is lit at night... your experience may vary

Thank you so much! I've been looking for this. Seriously, if its the license plate that catches their attention, I'm happy! Because they missed the raging exhaust and stupid acceleration! :)

I think the one he posted has it angled toward the front of the bike? I feel like a cop would wonder why you're hiding. :P

Oh wow, you're right. It's the same seller lol. None the less, great experience with the guy.

Thank you. I am going to get this one and then sell my Yoshimura one. I like the Yoshi, but I want my plate to be at this angle instead of more veritcal like the Yoshimura one. 

That's who I bought mine from too. Really nice guy. Good communication. 
IMAG0229_zpsbc4wlyto.jpg

IMAG0316_zpsrotb4r3z.jpg
Agreed! Chris is super easy to deal with, I got the same one but in black

2015 Matte Metallic Grey FZ-07

mines is strapped to middle of the frame rails and no fender elim to show off the sexy butt.. i live in ga and have had cops behind me numerous time never even a care .. i mean directly behind me ..to be fair i mounted a hidden white led to the other side of the rear brake reservoir so it is lit at night... your experience may vary

Got a pic for a comparison. Would love to see what yours looks like.

87' Honda VFR 700 F2 (sold)
03' Honda CBR F4I (donated)
05' Yamaha R1 (sold)
15' FZ-o7

• 3 weeks later...
does this require fender modification? (cutting/notching) or its a direct fit? also, what did you do for your turn signals and lic plate lights? 
thanks!

Simple question. Do you have at least 130mm between the tyre and the bottom of the reg. plate. If not at some point the tyre and plate may indeed become intimate and you might have wonderful tyre-plate babies...

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

does this require fender modification? (cutting/notching) or its a direct fit? also, what did you do for your turn signals and lic plate lights? 
thanks! 
 No modification required :)

Simple question. Do you have at least 130mm between the tyre and the bottom of the reg. plate. If not at some point the tyre and plate may indeed become intimate and you might have wonderful tyre-plate babies...

Almost 110mm. If the rare occasion occurs when it did contact, which would be almost as common as the apocalypse, it shouldn't have any consequences because it's slanted forward ;) it would just brush up against it. If it was the normal direction, that could be a problem. Forward slant is much safer.

thanks!

Forgot about the turn signal question. I made the led ones in the side panels.

Archived