The MT-07 Forum

Alpinestar tailbag

username

• Premium Member

Behold the one and only Alpinestar tail bag! Ya this thing is definitely a fake. I got it in the mail and I saw a Alpinestar tag on it and thought to myself "Oh nifty maybe it isn't a fake!" Then I flipped the thing over and the tag was for an Alpinestar Beanie... Not sure the purpose of the tag apparently mr.sender did not think I could read english. Anyways as far as a fake Alpinestar tail bag goes. I like it. Fastening it down was somewhat of an obstacle until I found some double sided velcro straps. It feels almost welded to the bike now. Looks? It looks....Hmmm okay I suppose. I do like how it is tapered down towards the tail to give a more aerodynamic look to it though and it does say Alpinestar so that's cool right?! You can store a pretty decent amount of stuff in here too. And the best part about this bag is that it can be locked closed and also locked to your bike because the velcro strap is going under the passenger seat which needs to be removed by your bike key to take it off. Also a simple luggage lock to secure your goods inside the bag itself by locking the 2 zippers together is nice as well. It was around 65.00 CAN so not bad really. Translated to American like 5 dollars I believe the exchange rate is right now ;). Only time will tell how well put together this thing is but until then I would probably buy another. I'll keep y'all posted anyways. Shoot your opinion on this pressing matter!

• Premium Member

Oh ya I mounted it differently from in these pictures. Not with the stock straps.

I like the looks and like how you can lock it closed but I'm not so sure someone can't cut through the material to steal what's inside. I'm sure it's tough material, though. I'm with cndnmax, it does seem a little high, especially since it's a poser. I paid less for mine and I like it better for this reason. When I'm not using it and don't want to have to swing my leg way up and over it to get on the bike I don't have to take the bag off, it folds flat and zips closed and if you didn't look hard you would think it's the stock pillion. I believe hippiebikerchick has one also and loves hers the same.

Beemer

• Premium Member

Alas the tail bags only weakness! A knife! Or a chainsaw whatever tickles your fancy. Really if someone wanted your stuff other than a hard Givi case your pretty hooped. Ya it's 50 USD free shipping. Ya probably a bit high in Price now that I think about it.

I like the looks and like how you can lock it closed but I'm not so sure someone can't cut through the material to steal what's inside. I'm sure it's tough material, though. I'm with cndnmax, it does seem a little high, especially since it's a poser. I paid less for mine and I like it better for this reason. When I'm not using it and don't want to have to swing my leg way up and over it to get on the bike I don't have to take the bag off, it folds flat and zips closed and if you didn't look hard you would think it's the stock pillion. I believe hippiebikerchick has one also and loves hers the same.
Do you have a link to the one that zips flat?

• Premium Member

Ya I saw that one a while ago although I can't find it now for some reason. I do like the ones you guys are speaking of but when packed its basically a square this one is always the same shape. I do like the actual shape of it. I don't really have a problem with swinging my leg over yet. Maybe a few years down the road I may. With that in mind I did learn a new way to get on the seat. Kinda just karate kick my leg onto the seat It's also a good way to stretch before you ride too

crescentwrench
Which bag do you have?

cndnmax
crescentwrench
Here you go guys!

http://www.thecycleguys.com/fz-07/

I thought I'd paid less for it ... oh, well. 

Found my receipt: 

Order Summary
Item(s) Subtotal: $64.99
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Total before tax: $64.99
Estimated tax to be collected: $0.00
Grand Total: $64.99

Beemer

Ya I saw that one a while ago although I can't find it now for some reason. I do like the ones you guys are speaking of but when packed its basically a square this one is always the same shape. I do like the actual shape of it. I don't really have a problem with swinging my leg over yet. Maybe a few years down the road I may. With that in mind I did learn a new way to get on the seat. Kinda just karate kick my leg onto the seat It's also a good way to stretch before you ride too
Wow, the impostor came with karate instructions, it's the obvious choice.  (:)) I kid, I also do that but I prefer an twisting outside-inside Hap Ki Do kick to avoid kicking the bike over accidentally. No kidding, it's what I have to do to get my leg over the bag. Thank god it's not a kick that affects the pinched nerve in my back or else I would be selling mine. 

Beemer

Archived