The MT-07 Forum

dyno results for akra ti

ratlab

• Premium Member

akra ti,dna filter and PCV-got spears racing to do the tuning-got 70 hp and 50 flbs of torque-he was pretty sure the pipe was restrictive-with a better pipe he thought he could get another 5 or so hp.i will post dyno chart when i get it.

• Premium Member
akra ti,dna filter and PCV-got spears racing to do the tuning-got 70 hp and 50 flbs of torque-he was pretty sure the pipe was restrictive-with a better pipe he thought he could get another 5 or so hp.i will post dyno chart when i get it.also i had baffle and cat in pipe so that probably hurt a little.

• Premium Member

A better pipe will gain 1.5hp and same 1.5 ft/tq... 2wheeldynoworks has dyno graphs posted under there vendor section area...yoshimura makes the most power and grunt...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Premium Member
A better pipe will gain 1.5hp and same 1.5 ft/tq... 2wheeldynoworks has dyno graphs posted under there vendor section area...yoshimura makes the most power and grunt...
looking at the graphs its pretty much the same as most pipes with a flash give or take 1 or 2 hp-he has 6 fz-07 motors in the shop he is building for a dirt bike team-will be interesting what kind of hp he will get with full build,and what he learns from building those motors that will trickle down to the street rider. 

A good tuner makes all the difference, it's all in the a/f and it sounds like Spears knows their stuff. I'm pretty much out of the loop on these bikes, even though I have one but I'd like to see one with a valve job and cams, maybe higher comp pistons too, I bet 85 isn't out of the question, that would be fun.

• Premium Member
looking at the graphs its pretty much the same as most pipes with a flash give or take 1 or 2 hp-he has 6 fz-07 motors in the shop he is building for a dirt bike team-will be interesting what kind of hp he will get with full build,and what he learns from building those motors that will trickle down to the street rider.
Well... now I'm really curious to see what power is hidden I'm these Lil monsters now... I already assume theses motors would be good for flat track dirt racing... 

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Premium Member

So is that Akra Ti with or without baffles, cat? When you say "did the tuning" did they install fuel compensation or ECU mods? I have the Akra Ti exhaust too (with baffles/no cat), so thanks for the post, and I'll be interested in the dyno chart, and any other tips.

Why can't left turners see us?

• Premium Member

akra ti with cat in,baffle in,dna filter and power commander 5.spears played with fuel and ignition on his dyno which the power commander allows him to do.the results seem to be around the same as an ecu reflash which kind of surprises me.2 ways to get to the same point.

I have same setup basically. Except K&N filter/ snorkel removed and ECU flash. Mine rips like a freight train. Would be curious to try and see/feel the difference, If any at all with your setup. I know mine rips harder across the whole power band then stock, cause I just test rode the new FZs (raven).
Those are good numbers though. Thanks for sharing.

Honda Grom
CB 350

Archived