The MT-07 Forum

Virginia Group Ride May 2016

cherenkovblu3

cherenkovblu3

Hey guys, trying this again this year. Planning a group ride for Sunday May 22 2016 (tentative, may change based on rider input)

We'll start in Gainesville, shoot down 211, over the twisties in the mountains, to 340 then shoot up Fort Valley Road to Front Royal, grab food at the Apple house or the melting pot (local pizza place, not the chain :P  ) and then back out to Gainesville or just disperse there. Im not trying to keep it FZ-07s only, so anyone is welcome. shooting for at least 10 riders. This is the route im proposing:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/1/edit?mid=z5ngE6tGJf3I.kER9TgqQlmm8

I know some of you complained about so much highway when i tried to get this off the ground last summer , so if you have a better idea for a route let me know and we'll change it up . I can tell you that 211 and Fort Valley road are one of the best rides around. 

• Premium Member

I'll pen it on the calendar and see what's going on as the date gets closer. I'm a possible, but not probable attendee. I'd like to be able to make it out, but work has a way of squashing anything fun.

Everything went braap.

• 4 weeks later...
cherenkovblu3

sounds good guys, i'll keep the FB event updated as may 22nd gets closer. Keeping fingers crossed for good weather.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

I almost forgot. Delays at work mean I might have the weekend off! We shall see.

Everything went braap.

Archived