The MT-07 Forum

Bikes and Breakfast in Northern Virginia & New York

Guest 2wheeler

Guest 2wheeler

This is a semi-regular Sunday motorcycle gathering in historic Clifton VA for coffee, breakfast and general BSing. Rides often head out from there. The last gathering on 3/13 had 43 motorcycles. The next one is on 4/10. I'm new to this event but from what I hear is that it gets upward to 300 bikes in prime season. I'm planning to be there on 4/10 even though it's going to be cold.

The same group also has an event in Palisades NY which is on the website too.

Here the website:

http://www.bikesandbreakfast.com/

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest 2wheeler

The May Bikes and Breakfast is tomorrow morning in Clifton, VA. It's going to be a bit cold, but I'm going for it.

I learned a bit more about it since I last posted from a buddy who has been to several of them. Definitely places there to get coffee and breakfast. They have a bike show of sorts where they judge the bikes and give out prizes/awards??? I believe the judging starts at 9:00. Supposedly folks get into bringing their funky/cool/classic bikes, and folks hang out for several hours. Some get together for rides afterwards. The nice thing about getting out there sorta early on Sunday is that you beat the weekend traffic, and are far enough out of the DC Metro area that it is a good springboard for a nice day ride in the country.

I hope to see some folks there, and I will post a mini-review of it later tomorrow.

Guest 2wheeler

So I just got back from Bikes and Breakfast in Clifton VA, and I got to tell you - Great Time!

It was a pretty cold morning with it being in the high 40's when I left at 8:20. I was expecting a small turnout of maybe 30-40 diehards. I was VERY wrong!!! I got there just before 9:00 and there were about 150 bikes there. They kept coming in until around 10:00. My guess is it peaked out around 200 bikes.

What I had heard proved to be true, there were a lot of cool bikes there such as a pristine 1957 Ariel. I checked out the country store where you can buy breakfast and coffee. I wasn't in the mood to wait in line but I heard the food was good. People were very friendly, and of course everyone wanted to talk about bikes  :D

Once you get off the highway, it's a nice ride down a country road to get into Clifton which reeks of an old VA village.

If you live in the Washington DC Metro area and love motorcycles, this is a very cool place to start out a Sunday ride day! It is always the 2nd Sunday of the month (Mothers Day exception).

Guest 2wheeler

From the Bikes and Breakfast website:

"The Virginia gathering of May 15 had well over one hundred and fifty bikes. This was the second anniversary of B&B VA which started May 2014. The next VIRGINIA gathering will be June 12"

There are pics on their website too.

http://www.bikesandbreakfast.com/

• 4 weeks later...
Guest 2wheeler

Tomorrow morning 6/12 is the next Bikes & Breakfast at Clifton, VA. Should be perfect sunny weather with temps in the high 70s to low 80s in the morning.

Last month the temps were in the low 50s and they got over 150 bikes, so tomorrow should be great.

My recommendation is to get there around 8:00 if you want to park near the center of town.

See you there - I'll be the one on the really cool FZ-07 (all FZ-07s are cool 8-) )

• 2 months later...
Guest 2wheeler

For all you Washington DC area folks, this Sunday 9/11 is the next Bikes & Breakfast at Clifton, VA. The weather sounds like it is going to be awesome with sunshine and temps in the mid 70s. If the past few B&B days are an indication there will be over 400 motorcycles there. It is good to get there somewhere between 7:00-8:00, with bikes still pulling in up to and past 10:00. Serious array of all kind of bikes typically is there.

This is a great jumping off spot for riding to points west into VA and WVA, and the sunny high on Sunday is projected to be 83 degrees (does it get any better!).

www.bikesandbreakfast.com/

I don't how I've missed this, I ride in Clifton all the time. Too bad my kids have games every Sunday through the end of Oct. If they do another one in November I'm all over it!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest 2wheeler

For all you Washington DC area folks, this Sunday 10/16 is the next Bikes & Breakfast at Clifton, VA. The weather sounds like it is going to be decent with sunshine, and the high temp hitting 70. If the past few B&B days are an indication there will be at least 300 motorcycles there. It is good to get there somewhere between 7:00-8:00, with bikes still pulling in up to and past 10:00. Serious array of all kind of bikes typically is there. I had breakfast there the last time I went and the food was pretty good.

This is a great jumping off spot for riding to points west into VA and WVA.

• 3 months later...
Guest 2wheeler

OK, so I haven't re-posted on this thread in a couple of months - call me a warm weather rider....

For all you Washington DC area folks, this Sunday 2/12 is the next Bikes & Breakfast at Clifton, VA. The weather sounds like it is going to be decent with sunshine, and the high temp hitting about 70 which is pretty well unheard of in early February. I'm guessing this will bring out at least 300 motorcycles. It is good to get there somewhere between 7:00-8:00, with bikes still pulling in up to and past 10:00. Serious array of all kind of bikes should be there. I had breakfast there the last time I went and the food was pretty good.

• 1 month later...
Guest 2wheeler

It's that time of the month....

For all you Washington DC area folks, this Sunday 4/9 is the next Bikes & Breakfast at Clifton, VA. The weather sounds like it is going to be decent with sunshine, and the high temp hitting about 70 which is definitely decent. I'm guessing this will bring out at least 300 motorcycles. It is good to get there somewhere between 7:00-8:00, with bikes still pulling in up to and past 10:00. Serious array of all kind of bikes should be there. I had breakfast there the last time I went and the food was pretty good.

• 2 months later...
Guest 2wheeler

Completely forgot to mention it, but tomorrow morning is Bikes & Breakfast in Clifton, VA

The weather is going to be awesome so you can expect 300-400 motorcycles to be there for sure.

Archived