The MT-07 Forum

Rearsets.....

variant90

So... I know all of the very popular rearsets for our bikes are quite costly ( as per any quality rearset) now im not opposed to spendind the money for them, however, i do have a ton of other mods in mind (reflash, belly pan etc) so i was wondering if anyone has tried these out yet

http://www.madhornets.com/adjustable-rearsets-foot-rest-peg-rear-set-yamaha-mt-07-fz-07-2013-2016-black/?gclid=CjwKEAjw_7y4BRDykp3Hjqyt_y0SJACome3TG-4VHnuZ8np8q6veAkCzsz46oHYwY0D7T53TwgUxTBoCwu7w_wcB

No reviews thus far, but if i get a bang for the buck ill try them out

I wonder how good these are too. I have shorty levers from Mad Hornets and love the quality and function. If their rearsets are anything like their levers, it should be a nice mod!

'15 Pearl White FZ-07 | Yoshi R77 Exhaust | ECU Reflash | Mad Hornets Shorty Levers | EvoTech Rad Guard | Yamaha Comfort Saddle | TST Industries Integrated Taillight | Motodynamics Fender Eliminator | Yamaha OEM Front LED Signals | Phillips MaxVision 130+ Bulb | OES Front/Rear Axle Sliders | Driven Racing TT Rearsets | Woodcraft 1.5" Clip-Ons | Woodcraft Engine & Water Pump Crash Cover | OEM Motocage Cage | LEDGlow SMD Mini Advanced Lighting Kit | Gilles Tooling Gauge Relocation Kit |

Looks like I may have to be the Guinea pig. Just hate to throw money at it and then end up dropping the 400-500 for a quality pair

• Premium Member

I've got the ebay version and I love them (a little cheaper, but not currently available). I originally posted about them here. The link to the ebay seller now longer works, but they are the same rearsets.  The ebay pictures didn't show the Yamaha logo etching on the heel plates, but that's the way they arrived, and I like it. They are very well made and are plug and play. Make sure you use blue locktite on all the bolts. The rear brake spring was a little finicky to get set right, but once it's set, it works fine.

Why can't left turners see us?

I've got the ebay version and I love them (a little cheaper, but not currently available). I originally posted about them here. The link to the ebay seller now longer works, but they are the same rearsets.  The ebay pictures didn't show the Yamaha logo etching on the heel plates, but that's the way they arrived, and I like it. They are very well made and are plug and play. Make sure you use blue locktite on all the bolts. The rear brake spring was a little finicky to get set right, but once it's set, it works fine.  

How's the adjustment?? Does it give you any more of an aggressive feel? I have the wood craft clip ons so of course I'm looking for some rear sets to compliment them

• Premium Member

More aggressive feel for sure. I didn't do a real measurement, but my feet are back at least a couple cm, and up 1 or 2 also. I have them in the lowest most forward position, and they can be adjusted higher and further back. I'm out of town now so I can't go look at my bike, but I think they have a couple of adjustment points back, probably a cm apart, and one more above a cm up. If you are concerned, I'll get out my calipers and measure when I get back, or maybe someone else (@gregjet) will chime in here if they have the measurements.

Why can't left turners see us?

I bought them and they are sitting in my basement waiting for me to install this weekend. From unboxing they look really nice.

Archived