The MT-07 Forum

M4 exhaust

iluvspdtt

I'm shopping for exhaust and had a couple questions. The obvious reason I'm drawn to the M4 is price, but for those that have bought one, do you regret not getting a full exhaust? I don't mind spending extra if it's worth it, I'm just not sure if a full exhaust is worth the extra.

Thanks in advance.

• Premium Member
yamahappy74

If you're going for volume, you won't find much louder than an M4. At least, that's the case on my GSXR. I bought it that way and it is ridiculously loud. I almost considered putting the stock exhaust back on, lol. Make sure you wear earplugs.

Probably should have stated that when I do get an exhaust I plan on getting my ecu flashed at the same time. Probably send it out while I'm waiting for the exhaust to show up.

Yeah, I don't want it super ridiculously loud. Lol. I like good sound but I've got a chopper with a loud exhaust and there's a reason I rarely ride it. Lol. And not just because it's a rigid...

Fearedbynone

m4 exhaust is great

with the baffle in, it sounds great. not too loud.
with the baffle out, it sounds amazing, but my friends wont let me ride with them unless i put the baffle in :)

with the baffle out, i get compliments from the harley guys on how good it sounds :)

damn friends.....

Dave

What about performance? Obviously the weight loss will help greatly and a freer flowing exhaust should help. I guess my biggest concern is that I get it and then wish I had gone with a full exhaust for a couple extra ponies.

bernard1414
What about performance? Obviously the weight loss will help greatly and a freer flowing exhaust should help. I guess my biggest concern is that I get it and then wish I had gone with a full exhaust for a couple extra ponies.
I have the M4 installed, and honestly stock vs. M4 in terms of performance, cant tell a difference. Its so minimal that one wont notice. You might get a sense of increased power due to the LOUD ASS sound it makes, but besids the sound, no difference. Keep in mind that I have the M4 with baffle in, and stock tune. So i'm not expecting to see any power increase. Hope this helps.

Well, I ended up getting a great deal on an ixrace full exhaust. Open box item on ebay coming from a dealership in Canada.

Well, I ended up getting a great deal on an ixrace full exhaust. Open box item on ebay coming from a dealership in Canada.

Let me know how you like it cause I was going to go for the same exhaust.

ducttapewd40

My only problem with the slip on was the color doesn't match that of the header. I think it looks odd having half one color and half another. I never liked the color of the stock header in the first place though so I painted the whole system before I put it back on.

Fearedbynone
My only problem with the slip on was the color doesn't match that of the header. I think it looks odd having half one color and half another. I never liked the color of the stock header in the first place though so I painted the whole system before I put it back on.
once you run the bike a little and the slip on heats up, the color changes.

its pretty close to the same color as the headers.

Dave

Let me know how you like it cause I was going to go for the same exhaust.

I'll probably start a different thread when I get it and put it on. Keep an eye out next weekend hopefully.

Archived