The MT-07 Forum

Any reason to keep old exhaust?

kojaxxx

Here is my thinking. I want to buy either the M4 slip on or the Akra carbon.   The M4 is appealing because its almost half the price here in Canada. Would I ever need my old exhaust. For example If I wanted to sell the bike down the road. Could it hinder my chances of making the sale? 

Also I don't want to invest into a fuel management. I can't really ever see me wanting it, or an ECU flash for that matter. 

Does one exhaust sound better then the other? 

Thanks guys 

• Premium Member

If you put a slip-on, on, the muffler will be pretty much useless to you and any one else.

A full system, might as well keep the stock exhaust.

As for resale, you won't find any enlightening answers here. It entirely depends on who's looking to buy your bike. Some folks may want the stock exhaust, others may prefer to save a few bucks and let the previous owner eat the cost. It would be like trying to appeal to everyone - unlikely.

Everything went braap.

As for resale, you won't find any enlightening answers here. It entirely depends on who's looking to buy your bike. Some folks may want the stock exhaust, others may prefer to save a few bucks and let the previous owner eat the cost. It would be like trying to appeal to everyone - unlikely.
yeh figured that I guess.  

twowheeladdict

If I buy aftermarket parts for my bikes that require taking off any OEM parts, I save the box the aftermarket part came in, put the OEM part in the box and store it. When it comes time to trade in or sell the bike, I put the OEM parts back on and sell the aftermarket parts on the forums or eBay. You get more return by doing it that way. Dealers won't give you squat for accessories. Buyers will only give you extra if the accessories you installed are exactly what they are looking for, so you market becomes limited if you try to recoup some of the cost of those accessories with the bike.

2015 FZ-07

• Premium Member

I kept my old exhaust so I can do a track day at Laguna Seca, because they have a sound restriction...

Having said that, I'd echo what others have posted thus far :)

- Paulie

Archived