The MT-07 Forum

Relocated my instrument panel, let me know what you think!

albofz07

dentalprodigy

Looks very clean. I like it. Looks sturdy. Hopefully it doesn't shake/vibrate like crazy if you are trying to accelerate in a higher gear (ie. accelerating in 6th from 40 mph or something like that). For some reason my display does that. Not sure if it's normal or not.

If you paint the bracket black, it would almost look like it came like that from the factory. Looks great.

Thanks guys I appreciate the comments. 

I'm a toolmaker by trade and I just fabricated the bracket on the mill at work, but it's very simple really.

Instrument panel has two bolts holding it to the handle bar. Once  you undo those two bolts and unplug the cable, you'll see what I mean, and you can technically play around and come up with something.

I had ton of stuff in my garage that could've worked, for example a couple of metal spacers and a flat piece of metal or plastic. 

There is no vibration at all, as it's pretty tight. I also love it how it makes the front of the bike look beefier.

Guest 2wheeler

You should seriously consider selling those brackets. I'm sure there would be a bunch of people on this forum who would buy them, in addition to putting them on ebay.

You should seriously consider selling those brackets. I'm sure there would be a bunch of people on this forum who would buy them, in addition to putting them on ebay.
If I had a mill at home, then yeah by all means....the things I could make though lol

• 4 months later...

did you have any problems with the instrument panel's wiring harness (w/plug) being to short when you relocated the panel ???..

thanks.

Looks great! I wonder if a couple of sturdy L - brackets for shelves and some other materials could do the same thing, only not quite as nice looking. Possible??? Too redneck rigged??? Thoughts?

Beemer

Guest ChicagoAJ
Looks great! I wonder if a couple of sturdy L - brackets for shelves and some other materials could do the same thing, only not quite as nice looking. Possible??? Too redneck rigged??? Thoughts?
If you cut them clean and sand/paint them to look decent enough, I don't see why it wouldn't look too gaudy. 

• 2 weeks later...

Put mine is pretty much the same place. It's a huge improvement. Now lives inside my little upper fairing in basically the same place.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

Ok here it is... It's been stripped and new clear and stickers on it nowdays
DSCN0938.jpg

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

• 1 month later...

Archived