The MT-07 Forum

issue with Givi windscreen install

martyinaustin

martyinaustin

hey friends...i tried installing my new Givi windscreen on my '16 FZ-07 and it turns out the stock allen screws
one is supposed to use in the top 2 holes on the headlight don't seem to be long enough to re-install
while the Givi mounting plate is installed.  they give us 2 longer screws for the bottom 2 holes
but nothing for the top 2.  

has anyone else had this issue?  do i need to find/buy longer bolts to replace the stock ones or??

thanks,
marty

• Premium Member

@martyinaustin can you post some pictures? I never ran into any such issues when I installed mine.

martyinaustin

will do...left the screen at work (you can see how busy i am this week...) so when i get back tomorrow i'll take pix. so odd. i can get the bolts "finger tight" but just barely whereas the bottom bolt holes are much easier to get the bolt to "bite"...

m.

• Premium Member
phicurious86
will do...left the screen at work (you can see how busy i am this week...) so when i get back tomorrow i'll take pix. so odd. i can get the bolts "finger tight" but just barely whereas the bottom bolt holes are much easier to get the bolt to "bite"... 
m.
I had the this issue, but the bolts never came loose as far as I could tell. I took the shield off maybe once a month to clean it and could only get the top bolts tight. Bottom bolts snugged up fine.  

martyinaustin

thanks all..yeah, i had that video up as i was installing. imagine my surprise at my difficulty. very odd. more to come...

martyinaustin

ok team....i ended up buying 2 more bolts that were exactly like the ones Givi sends for the bottom of the bracket...4mm head and longer length....perfect. i also put a few plastic washers on to widen
the head...kinda wish i found black ones, but screw it. you'll see in the close-up the 2 top main bolts w/ their white washers.

in any case, the rest was perfect...great fit and finish. now it's time to test!

http://imgur.com/a/DQjNb

bigdaddybane

I installed my Givi screen yesterday and had identical problem ... two top original screws were too short to accommodate additional thickness of the Givi's metal holder/plate. I ended up using longer screws with the same diameter.

Givi hardware is not without QC issues. I was short one black rubber washer. Went to HD to get an extra. That one is holding up better than the Give washers, which are showing more cracks and hardening from the sun and exposure.

Archived