The MT-07 Forum

Ixil z7 ixrace

iluvspdtt

My new exhaust showed up yesterday and opened it up when I got home from work. Everything looks great with the exception of a little shipping damage on one tip. Hopefully I can get usps to take care of it. Luckily it was insured.
20160427_174357_zpst0lmsupf.jpg
I'll get it installed this weekend. One question I have is there is a section at the end of the header that is full of what appears to be catalytic converter material. Would it be a problem to remove this? I'll take a picture after work.

topazsparrow

Did you buy this in North America?

I'm having a hard time finding a place to buy from that isn't overseas :(

that material is either part of a cat, or designed to keep the back pressure in check so you won't need a retune to ride it.

I got lucky and found one on ebay from a dealer in Canada. It was a brand new open box item. I'm not 100% sure I even want to keep this exhaust. I may get rid of it before I install it. If I keep it I would be getting my ecu flashed anyway.

Let me know if/when you want to get rid of it. I'm in Canada as well.

I'm in California, just happened to order it from a dealer in Canada.

• 1 month later...

Alright, sorry for the delay on posting. Decided to keep the exhaust. I love the sound, not too loud. On the highway I normally don't even notice it. Unfortunately I can't comment on performance as I didn't even have 100 miles on the bike when I put on the exhaust. It looked pretty good when I first put it on but as I've been riding it more the color has changed, especially the header, now I really think it looks better.

20160430_093517_zps2zv9cxiw.jpg

20160625_170249_zpsbfzx7ylb.jpg

Looks kinda rusty in the picture but it's really more of a bronze color.

After I've done something with the air box, hopefully a hordpower unit, I'll send out the ecu to be reflashed, that should really wake up the bike.

Archived