The MT-07 Forum

For those with $$ to burn

jerryv

Guest unknown

I saw this on nasioc and laughed at the price. If it was around $500 I might consider it. I'll wait till people have "bolt on" setups for helmets similar to sena's. Another thing to consider is that I won't buy a random helmet without at least trying it on first.

Guest MXRider

Still cheaper than a carbon Arai Corsair.

I ride to unplug and get away from it all. Not have a social media feed right in front of my face.

• Premium Member

Nuviz is developing the same thing, but attaches to any helmet with a chin bar. Kickstarter cost was a little over $500. Just no rear camera, which I doubt I'd effectively use.

Everything went braap.

1,500$ MSRP for a helmet is beyond ridiculous. I mean the thing is made to be used only once. Why would i constantly keep throwing away 1,500 every time i have a spill or every 5 years after the helmet components expire?

"Shoot? I'm a hippie. The only thing I've shot is acid. I heard of a dude snorted it once. Thought his nose was a kangaroo and the moon was a dog! WOOH!" - The Truth (GTA San Andreas)

Guest MXRider

1,500$ MSRP for a helmet is beyond ridiculous. I mean the thing is made to be used only once. Why would i constantly keep throwing away 1,500 every time i have a spill or every 5 years after the helmet components expire?

While this is on the higher end, it's by no means the most expensive motorcycle helmet. The Arai Corsair V Carbon has a msrp of $3995. Besides, some guys are riding $30,000 plus bikes, so a $1500 helmet isn't a big deal to them.

Generally the cost of replacing a helmet isn't the greatest expense in a crash anyway.

While this is on the higher end, it's by no means the most expensive motorcycle helmet. The Arai Corsair V Carbon has a msrp of $3995. Besides, some guys are riding $30,000 plus bikes, so a $1500 helmet isn't a big deal to them. 
Generally the cost of replacing a helmet isn't the greatest expense in a crash anyway.
Jesus Christ MX i was saying in relation to our 7k budget bike, since we are on the FZ07 forum aren't we?!  
Of freaking course if you are one rich dude with a 65 thousand dollar Ducati 1199 Superleggera yes a 2k helmet won't matter. You're right MX in those epic circumstances, but alas Mr. Right i'm on a budget bike forum so riding on a 7k bike with a 4k helmet is pretty ridiculous, even a 1.5k helmet.

"Shoot? I'm a hippie. The only thing I've shot is acid. I heard of a dude snorted it once. Thought his nose was a kangaroo and the moon was a dog! WOOH!" - The Truth (GTA San Andreas)

Guest MXRider
Jesus Christ MX i was saying in relation to our 7k budget bike, since we are on the FZ07 forum aren't we?!  
Of freaking course if you are one rich dude with a 65 thousand dollar Ducati 1199 Superleggera yes a 2k helmet won't matter. You're right MX in those epic circumstances, but alas Mr. Right i'm on a budget bike forum so riding on a 7k bike with a 4k helmet is pretty ridiculous, even a 1.5k helmet.

I wear the normal Arai Corsair, which has a msrp of right around a grand. Plenty of us have quite a bit of money tied up in safety gear. Doesn't really matter what kind of bike you are on.

And once again 1k is more reasonable for a well known brand like Arai. But 1.5k (50% more expensive) for some kind of new start up company with some high tech fancy helmet with no more protection than a 600$ shoei rf-1200 and more distractions is kind of a dumb spend for a cheap bike, even if you're a millionaire.

Guest MXRider
And once again 1k is more reasonable for a well known brand like Arai. But 1.5k (50% more expensive) for some kind of new start up company with some high tech fancy helmet with no more protection than a 600$ shoei rf-1200 and more distractions is kind of a dumb spend for a cheap bike, even if you're a millionaire.
That is a valid point. I'm curious who they are working with to make the base helmet. (I doubt they make it themselves) 

That is a valid point. I'm curious who they are working with to make the base helmet. (I doubt they make it themselves)
I think they may have done it all by themselves? O_o Idk but personally regardless of the situation i'd never buy a first gen helmet, no matter what the reviews say, first gen anything always has bugs and in 99.9% of cases is vastly improved in second gen releases. 

Guest MXRider

They are pretty vague about the helmet itself right now. Hopefully that changes. They only list it as DOT/ECE compliant. ECE compliant is a good thing.

I am in the camp of why does a rider need all of the different distractions this thing "offers"? I ride for the thrill of riding. The freedom that riding offers is almost unparalleled. Why ruin it with the internet popping up on your visor while riding through beautiful scenery? Just not my cup of tea.

Friends on fb have been posting this on my page nonstop
I do not think they really understand riding

"It takes an idiot to do cool things; that's why it's cool" - FLCL

• Global Moderator

I would never buy any helmet I had not tried on, especially a $1,500 one. If it did not fit snugly then you have just bought a $1,500 doorstop.

• Premium Member
And once again 1k is more reasonable for a well known brand like Arai. But 1.5k (50% more expensive) for some kind of new start up company with some high tech fancy helmet with no more protection than a 600$ shoei rf-1200 and more distractions is kind of a dumb spend PERIOD.
Fixed it for ya, lol. 
When I bought my first helmet when I was just 16 yrs old (Arai Keven Schwantz Replica Edition), it was at a time when Arai only sold through brick and mortar dealers, and they actually fitted you for a helmet.

I'll never forget the instrument he used to measure my head.  It was a cloth tape measure by Bell.  On the one side it had measurements, and on the other it said:  "If you have a ten dollar head, wear a ten dollar helmet."

I've only wore Arai, ever, as the first one saved my life.  My point?  Get the best safety gear you can afford, period. 

- Paulie

• Premium Member
I saw this on nasioc and laughed at the price. If it was around $500 I might consider it. I'll wait till people have "bolt on" setups for helmets similar to sena's. Another thing to consider is that I won't buy a random helmet without at least trying it on first.
NASIOC???  Well hello there!  It's me, Paulie!  (Top Scoob 001) 
:)

- Paulie

Guest unknown
NASIOC???  Well hello there!  It's me, Paulie!  (Top Scoob 001) 
:)

- Paulie
Haha, small world! 

Archived