The MT-07 Forum

Installing rearsets?

darrooh

• Premium Member

Recently bought the gilles rearsets from the bellisimoto group buy. Was wondering how difficult it would be to install them myself? I really don't have much of a mechanical background. However with the FZ being the first motorcycle of my own I have learned and do a few things myself.
Changed turn signals and installed fender eliminater, swapped to short levers, changed handle bars to the woodcrafts, and I also change my own oil.

Recently bought the gilles rearsets from the bellisimoto group buy. Was wondering how difficult it would be to install them myself? I really don't have much of a mechanical background. However with the FZ being the first motorcycle of my own I have learned and do a few things myself. Changed turn signals and installed fender eliminater, swapped to short levers, changed handle bars to the woodcrafts, and I also change my own oil.

it wasn't too hard. i had a little help. cuz the directions are crap.

1. the hardest part was attaching the little tiny spring. had to bend it to get it in and then bend it back. i used the stock brake switch. just make sure you adjust it so the brake light doesn't stay on.

2. blue loctite for sure!

3. tip: remove the master cylinder lock nut prior to unbolting the stock brake rearset.

shifter side was pretty easy. take your time. it'll come together.

Archived