The MT-07 Forum

Undertail akrapovic exhaust on the FZ07

go4geoff

Came across this IG post someone had earlier of their exhaust system. Looks like an undertail setup from akrapovic. Haven't seen a FZ with an undertail exhaust yet, from any company. Would you guys/gals rock this style of exhaust or nah?

ad8523a747aee809d859dbec66ed0234.jpg

'15 Pearl White FZ-07 | Yoshi R77 Exhaust | ECU Reflash | Mad Hornets Shorty Levers | EvoTech Rad Guard | Yamaha Comfort Saddle | TST Industries Integrated Taillight | Motodynamics Fender Eliminator | Yamaha OEM Front LED Signals | Phillips MaxVision 130+ Bulb | OES Front/Rear Axle Sliders | Driven Racing TT Rearsets | Woodcraft 1.5" Clip-Ons | Woodcraft Engine & Water Pump Crash Cover | OEM Motocage Cage | LEDGlow SMD Mini Advanced Lighting Kit | Gilles Tooling Gauge Relocation Kit |

• Premium Member

Nope...Cant see myself going that route...I'm afraid of the tire hitting the exhaust can and can't picture how the exhaust would be run...looks like the picture taker just jammed an XSr700 Akra pipe in there...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

twowheeladdict

I am not a fan. Love the hidden exhaust with the low cg which is why I bought the ninja 650 back in '07. Fortunately many agree which is why other manufacturers went the same route.

2015 FZ-07

AlbatrossCafe

I think a nice machined dual exhaust would look sweet. See Toce Exhausts which I think are the best looking out there:

http://cdn1.bigcommerce.com/n-63unu/nh36ta/products/112/images/320/TPY109-TS-2__07801.1389905696.1280.1280.jpg

But other than that, undertail exhaust is pretty much just a hinderance for everything:
[ul type=disc][*]It makes your ass sweat in traffic[*]Can be difficult for a passenger[*]Luggage attachments might not work or risk getting  burned[*]Difficult to mount a license plate and turn signals[*]Usually adds weight[*]If you ride in the rain it will get caked with mud that is very difficult to remove[/ul]

• Premium Member

I don't mind tail exhausts. The setup above just doesn't seem like it would work well.

As mentioned above, there doesn't look to be enough clearance in the back. Also, keep in mind that now that the pipe is going up and back that it's going to feel very hot where your thigh is.

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Archived