The MT-07 Forum

Gas mileage greatly diminished after akropovic carbon

tbi12904

So I installed the akra carbon and didn't notice any big difference in how the bike performs, aside from the gas mileage and the faint smell of gas when running. I haven't heard of these particular issues from anyone else. I don't have the ejk or a flash or tune of any kind. I've always planned to do the 2 wheel dynoworks flash, just haven't had the money yet. I rode to work and home yesterday, which is about a 115 mile round trip, and I used an entire tank of gas. Any input is welcome. Thank you.

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

I used 128 miles today. I have the Akra Carbon. I went a couple of miles into the F trip. Did you even hit the F Trip? Did my gas mileage go down from stock? Yes, because I am harder on the bike now and rev for no reason to hear that sexy tone. I am guilty.

SigSide.jpg

bigdaddybane

I'm running with Yoshimura R77. After the swap my gas mileage went down by at least 30%. I am still in break-in period with only 350 miles but I'm pretty sure the fuel economy will improve in time. Before I installed EJK, the smell of gasoline was thicker than lawyers in hell ... now it's almost totally gone.

So I installed the akra carbon and didn't notice any big difference in how the bike performs, aside from the gas mileage and the faint smell of gas when running. I haven't heard of these particular issues from anyone else. I don't have the ejk or a flash or tune of any kind. I've always planned to do the 2 wheel dynoworks flash, just haven't had the money yet. I rode to work and home yesterday, which is about a 115 mile round trip, and I used an entire tank of gas. Any input is welcome. Thank you.
Do you have the 02 sensor installed and connected?  It needs to be.

J.D. Hord

ravibpatel

Does anyone have any input regarding gas mileage after exhaust and a tune? I'm on the fence about getting an exhaust but would not even consider it if Ill get 10 mpg less on our zippo sized fuel tank.

Simbadc650

I average 50 miles per gallon, but i ride like a demon for speed on the freeway, so i want to stay eco, but the eco dont wanna stay with me.

S1R1 Two Brothers exhaust with EJK kit.

when i ran mine without a tune, it was a slight drop in gas mileage. after the flash by 2wdw i get even slightly less but it runs alot smoother. and like @jeffkisthename said, there's alot more revving...lol

603nytroxtx

You need to get EJK or flash. When I put the Yoshi on before I got the flash I noticed pretty significant sluggish performance but didn't keep it that way for long enough to get MPG comparison. I got the 2WDW flash shortly after that and noticed an extreme change in the way the bike ran. I am also averaging 2 MPG's more this year compared to bone stock last year. I am also running my bike way harder with the new exhaust. With that mileage you're getting the Flash will pay for itself in one year!!!! hahahahaha

2015 FZ-07 Graphite
*Yoshimura R-77 Carbon Works Finish
*2WDW ECU Flash
*OES Sliders
*GearBrake Flashing Smart Brake Light
*Creese Tail Tidy with LED
*TST Industries Flushmount front LED
*Motionpro R6 throttle tube
*Yamaha Fly Screen
*X-Grip with Bruudt mount

During my break-in period I got great gas mileage, right around the claimed 58, which I thought was nice. After that I installed my Akra CF pipe, EJK and K&N air filter and it was different but then again I rode faster also. All in all I'm still getting between 45 and 54 mpg on average and that's nothing (for me) to complain about. I look at it this way, I have a bike that can not only deliver good gas mileage, I have a bike that can also deliver 0-60 in 3.4 seconds and a 1/4 mi. in 12, adrenaline producing, seconds. Oh, and it can wheelie in the first three gears! I say ban good gas mileage!  :D

Beemer

pineappleunderthesea

I have the Akra carbon with flash, and the mileage is more or less where it was if I ride at normal speeds on my typical commute. But the issue is that I am more aggressive on the throttle, and the mileage suffers because of that. I also have been riding a little faster than usual, so that doesn't help.

Tunes can go either way. When I got an APR tune on my Audi years ago, the mileage actually seemed to improve a tiny bit when I drove the car "normally". But since it was a turbo car, I kept getting into the boost a lot more often in order to enjoy the extra HP, and that affected my mileage. I think the same thing is happening with the bike, I'm being more aggressive without really noticing it.

• Premium Member

My avg MPG goes up and down depending on mood and what not...after owning the bike for over a year now I have become way more comfortable using the bikes power band which results in slightly less MPG unless I'm on a cruise with the Harleys the MPG goes way up ;) .. For the avg 52 mpg this lil bike has and the ability to run 7.80sec passes in the 1/8 mile is way way more than what most ppl own or drive on a daily basis... If you are constantly running the bike past 80+mph on a regular basis for long highway commutes you can go to a 17front sprocket and drop the rpms by over 1k compared to the stock... that will bump your MPG up for example...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

I run my Akra snail with the dB killer in and noticed no statistically significant difference in fuel consumption. If I ever get around to making the chain a 520 system I will go longer gearing and suspect that will improve it a bit.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

Archived