The MT-07 Forum

Full system: Reflash or fuel controller?

othgbronco82

othgbronco82

This is my first post and I'm sorry if it isn't in the right section. It's kinda both ECU and exhaust related. So, long story short, I have a full Delkevic system and was wondering which would be better for me, a ECU reflash or a fuel controller such as an EJK or PCV. Honestly, I love the way the bike rides right now. With the exhaust the throttle response is way better, it pulls just a tad harder in the mid to top range, and it sounds like the love child of a R1 and a harley after a drunken night of hide the salami. The main thing I want to fix is the rich/lean condition to make sure the motor is happy. I know where I can get the bike dynoed to get the most out of a PCV. The only thing I really want from a reflash is the throttle restrictions gone and changing when the fan turns on. But, I can live without those too. This is my first bike that I bought and I owe money on. Lots of money. Meaning I have enough for lunch at work and that's about it. Any help is much appreciated by this confused retard.

According to previous questions about the same subject, most people here seem to be in agreement on an ECU flash. Good luck!

Beemer

bigdaddybane

EJK is a great product and performance improvements are very noticeable. I didn't want to go with a reflash 'cause it might void the warranty. If I decide to reflash ECU I'll wait for at least a year.

sansnombre

As noted, this topic has been kicked around a lot - see the other posts for everyone's opinion.

I have the EJK and have no issues with it, but I just bought the reflash and am sending it out next week for the service. I haven't seen ANY negative posts on 2WDW, and all have been glowing. Seems like the thing to do . . . which is why I'm doing it.

Good luck.

othgbronco82

I asked the parts guy at the shop next to my work and he said a reflash would be better for long term and a little more performance. I'll probably end up getting both, but for now I'll just start off with a reflash and go from there.

Archived