The MT-07 Forum

Accessories & Parts that Match Blurple

vroomvroom

• Premium Member

Great idea, I'd love to find some stuff that REALLY matches. Not everyone's idea of "match" matches.
It's hard to find a true perfect match to the yammy burple color (the grips are a good case in point).
Fortunately, for some stuff you can get away with blue (I have an blue anodized oil filler cap, and rear brake fluid cap).
Some people might argue that those don't match, and they would be right, they don't, but I don't mind they are close enough.
I'd love to find some stuff that is actually Yamaha Burple!

Why can't left turners see us?

I am a proud owner of a 2016 silver/blurple fz07. 
It's friggin hard to match stuff to this bike. Lets put together a list of "blue" accessories & parts that actually match this beautiful frame.

I'll start: Progrip 717 duo density blue /black grips match.
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/pro-grip-717-duo-density-grips
Makes me wonder if all the Progrip grips have the same blue color. So maybe the 719's blue would match the same way the 717 does.

• Premium Member
I am a proud owner of a 2016 silver/blurple fz07. 
It's friggin hard to match stuff to this bike. Lets put together a list of "blue" accessories & parts that actually match this beautiful frame.

I'll start: Progrip 717 duo density blue /black grips match.
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/pro-grip-717-duo-density-grips
Makes me wonder if all the Progrip grips have the same blue color. So maybe the 719's blue would match the same way the 717 does.
The 717 have the advantage of a small sliver of color showing.  The 719's don't (that's why I got them in gray). It looks pretty darn close though, so it's gonna be another case of how close does it have to be...  Probably close enough for me, but the real color coordination freaks might say "That just doesn't go".  :) BTW, I really like the 719s.

Forgetaboutit and buy 'em!

Why can't left turners see us?

I might have to give the 719s a try. Revzilla is easy enough to return them if they don't match the way I'd like.

• Premium Member

In my looking around at things, I've decided if one is serious about matching the odd-ball color (yes, I have a blurple, too) it is probably best to limit oneself to things that can be painted--not anodized. And, my experience matching items presented online is not good since there are far too many variables to assume what one sees is correct.

Years ago trying to match other things I came to ask if the seller could tell me some commonly available item their product might match or take a picture of their item with, such as Heinz Ketchup; may sound silly but if the seller is willing to "play along" it can work well.

Btw, vroomvroom, you might like one of my personalized tags.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived