The MT-07 Forum

Service in Virginia

hobbs

• Premium Member

For all the folks in Va, especially the hampton roads/richmond area, where do you get your bike serviced?

Since mine didn't come from a dealer I need somewhere for the 600 & 1000 mile services. Did everything on my old (1976) scoot so I don't know of any decent shops. Most independent ones in my area service HD... do not want.

Thanks!

Everything went braap.

This is my first bike so I have no experience with a good shop. Mine will have to go back to the dealership for its first service. It arrived yesterday from Japan with a scratch on the headlight and passenger peg. They had to order replacements, but I couldn't wait for them to arrive. I've got some serious riding to do.

Guest MXRider

Bummer about the damage to your bike @tuniemeist. My YZ came with a dented pipe out of the crate as well. I decided not to worry about it though as I changed the exhaust before I rode it.

I'm sure they will get it sorted out for you.

If you feel like a road trip up to NoVA I'd be willing to help you out.
Have you received the throttle body sync tool and service manual yet?! I am all for pitching in some $ for your help with the TB sync.

Guest MXRider

If you feel like a road trip up to NoVA I'd be willing to help you out.
Have you received the throttle body sync tool and service manual yet?! I all for pitching in some $ for your help with the TB sync.

I got the service manual but I'm still waiting on my adapters for the sync tool.

MXRider: I'm looking for service support in alexandria area. Are you a shop?
My last bike was a Harley. I haven't adjusted any chains...

Guest MXRider
MXRider: I'm looking for service support in alexandria area. Are you a shop? My last bike was a Harley. I haven't adjusted any chains...
I don't have a shop or work at one, just a guy who wrenches on stuff in the garage a lot.

For the simple stuff I'd recommend watching plenty of youtube videos and getting a service manual. Once I'm setup for doing the throttle body sync I will at least do a how to video.

If you are looking for good shops in the area, RNR cycles and Brooks are two pretty well regarded places to get your bike serviced other than a dealer. There is also a new place called Gemini, but haven't heard much about them yet.

• Premium Member

Have you received the throttle body sync tool and service manual yet?! I all for pitching in some $ for your help with the TB sync.
I got the service manual but I'm still waiting on my adapters for the sync tool.
Do you know what size tubing is needed to fit over the throttle bodies? Gonna make up a manometer but would love to know the tubing size before I take everything apart.

Keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up.

Guest MXRider

Do you know what size tubing is needed to fit over the throttle bodies? Gonna make up a manometer but would love to know the tubing size before I take everything apart.

I can't remember off hand. Motion Pro lists the size on their website for Yamaha.

• Premium Member

Cool thanks. Took a look and they appear to be 6mm.

Keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up.

• 5 months later...

You might try D&D on Little Creek Road in Norfolk. They used to be a Triumph dealer but recently got out of that business. His shop services all kinds of bikes.

Archived