The MT-07 Forum

Custom tail tidy / rear gopro mount

jrubicon

Decided to make my own tail tidy. Got lots of ideas from folks on here, thank you.

im using 1" square steel tubing, for rigidity. Still a work in progress.

im using original licese plate light, the square attachement you see underneath is a 1" ID square tubing.

Like a hitch on a truck, it will allow me to insert other pieces such as a go pro mount, etc.

still in progress. will have this powercoated black.

Update:
actualy, im gona cut that 1" ID i welded underneath and weld it at the end instead so its cleaner.

full.jpgfull.jpgfull.jpg

www.youtube.com/infinion3

• Global Moderator

Looks solid ! Are you going to make brackets for the signals too? And maybe a back plate for the license plate? I am curious to see the end result.

ready for powder coating. going to use those license plate bolt lights to light up the plates. still looking for good turn signals to buy.

will post end result.

as far as the square tubing go pro mount, skys the limit.  can wrap it in padding or evan put a fuse by the bend for it to break off easily in a crash.... lots of possibilities.
the bottom line is, the plate has a hitch mount 1" ID to mount anything!

full.jpgFinished with the project. Got it powdercoated too. I used these alum turn signals, clear but yellow when blinking. Wiring took hours.

Will be posting things i mount to it. mostly gopro cam

full.jpgfull.jpgfull.jpg

has to be long to get the best angle, as u can see i can tilt it down a little more and it will fit me and the botom of the rear tire in the shot. this pi was a test of the angle.
full.jpg

• Global Moderator

Not to rain on your parade (because I like the idea) but is that even legal to have a long metal bar sticking out that far?

[video src=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBp3oFbwBUs&list=UUMtIST6bCDM8hUGwnr5coLA]

probably not legal but it takes a second to remove, prolly just be told to remove it. not too worried.

Archived