The MT-07 Forum

Bike would not start.

MarylandFZ07

MarylandFZ07

Had a couple of showers come through the past couple of days so I covered the bike up. The bike did get rained on the first day but I gave it a wipe down before I covered it...

Anyway last night I decided to start it up and the ignition wasnt working, the HUD would not light, but the turn signals DID work!
So I immediately took the seat off and checked all the fuses. According to the manual the 10 amp fuse is for the ignition so I tried that first. BOOM! fuse was blown. I used one of the spares that come with the bike and it started up just fine!

Now the problem is I do not know why the fuse blew in the first place but I will keep an eye on it during the next storm. Anyone else have this issue?

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

No, I keep mine in my garage but now I'm curious if the rain and blown fuse are related or coincidence.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Glad you figured out the prob... Makes me want to buy some spare fuses. I wonder why this is occurring.

Guest MXRider

Glad you got it sorted out. That is strange though considering I've been caught in many rain storms over the years and never had an issue.

Maybe just dumb luck, hopefully.

• Global Moderator

Do you have anything aftermarket mounted on the bike? The original Yamaha plugs are pretty solid and have good water tight connectors. I never had any issues with them but as soon as you start messing with wires you really have to take care that everything is nicely sealed.

Archived