The MT-07 Forum

Akra Ti and Hordpower airbox...

norcal616

• Premium Member

Now that I have my FJ and put my FZ to hooligan/Fri/Sat night duties and 1/4 mile drag racing I can now not worry about having comfort or downtime on the FZ... I currently have a Leo Vince exhaust on my FZ with a HordPower airbox... I would like change up my exhaust to the akra ti as it makes hella nice power (compared to Leo Vince )with a reflash ecu and compliment it with the HordPower airbox and maybe later on add the APmoto arts body kit :) ... Somebody has to curious to use this combination...The HordPower airbox is not effected by regular Michigan weather btw ? ... I'm asking if this what some akra ti users are waiting for?   I'm currently planning to buy and install the akra ti and dropping the bike off at HordPower to play with and not worry about me not having a bike ride... Or is someone near 2wdw secret lab planning to have Nels work his magic on this combination?   I would prefer to have HordPower tune it as be needs more data from a stock motor , maybe someone else lives closer than me?? I'm bout 4hr drive away, not that I'm complaining about the distance...I'm just trying to see what's going on with this combination...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• 1 month later...
... I currently have a Leo Vince exhaust on my FZ with a HordPower airbox... I would like change up my exhaust to the akra ti as it makes hella nice power (compared to Leo Vince )with a reflash ecu and compliment it with the HordPower airbox  :) ... Somebody has to curious to use this combination...
...I'm just trying to see what's going on with this combination...
I have the Hordpower airbox & akra-ti combination. Dyno-tuned locally with PCV back in May. 2 track days & 12k miles of riding since. Just now home & found this thread.

My pcv file should be available from JD. The 07 motor & my inner hooligan really like this combination! :-)

Good luck,

Catfish ...

• Premium Member

Good to know...in order to run HordPower maps I would have to have my ECU reflash back to stock fuel/ign or zero out the ignition tables on PCV to avoid any potential ignition problems...I already have a PVC and auto tuner...I also found a company called Woolich Racing that has the ability to disable the FZ-07 closed loop fueling if your wondering because I remember you cursing the Eco Mode...I have the Woolich Race system on my FJ-09 which also has the closed loop fueling disabled with no problems even running a 2wdw stock flash tune...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Anyone can disable closed-loop mode on an EFI motor by simply disconnecting the O2 sensor(s). Yamaha's ECO mode is only part-time closed loop. When good throttle response is expected in ECO mode, they switch closed-loop out & switch in a lean offset to the base fuel mapping. I have data logged WB O2 sensor data that shows this ECO trickery occurring when the ECU does not see an O2 sensor AND displays ECO mode.

My discussions with Woolich mysteriously ended when I asked them how they disabled ECO mode & where was the MAP sensor tables. They never replied to those requests for details. I have no desire to pay for another reflasher that has only exposed a few of the ECU tables. Grrr...

So, when I'm done fine tuning my 07 with the pcv, I will export those tables to ftecu & reflash my ECU. Then I'll remove & sell the PCV.

Just my observations & experiences. Good luck with your 07!

Catfish ...

• Premium Member

I noticed/suspected there was 2 different maps in EcoMode with the AFR numbers, they really drop when a gear shift occurs then slowly spend about 3 secs climbing to 14.1( I'm not say what the AFR drops to to avoid any scaremongering)... Thanks for the information and sharing your ECU mapping...

You are probably seeing a combination of several things on the gearshifts:

1) acceleration enrichment (temporary)
2) somewhat rich underlying MAP and TPS tables
3) then the bike trims out to an AFR target table.

I don't have the warm and fuzzies about the Woolich stuff either. Long on promises, short on specifics.

J.D. Hord

• 4 weeks later...
Good to know...in order to run HordPower maps I would have to have my ECU reflash back to stock fuel/ign or zero out the ignition tables on PCV to avoid any potential ignition problems...I already have a PVC and auto tuner...I also found a company called Woolich Racing that has the ability to disable the FZ-07 closed loop fueling if your wondering because I remember you cursing the Eco Mode...I have the Woolich Race system on my FJ-09 which also has the closed loop fueling disabled with no problems even running a 2wdw stock flash tune...
Catfish are you running a baffle in the akra or not

Catfish are you running a baffle in the akra or not

I'm running the baffle in the akra.  The airbox is about twice that loud. :-)

Catfish ...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

@ Catfish ... How far along have you gotten with putting the PVC information into a flash tune? I'm just curious, I need to start ordering a Akra Ti exhaust and need to determine if 2wdw has the HordPower/Akra Ti flash on hand or order a flash tune kit and get install your tune if possible or just run the 2wdw Akra-Ti flash and put the stock air box back on...

• 3 weeks later...
@ Catfish ... How far along have you gotten with putting the PVC information into a flash tune? I'm just curious, I need to start ordering a Akra Ti exhaust and need to determine if 2wdw has the HordPower/Akra Ti flash on hand or order a flash tune kit and get install your tune if possible or just run the 2wdw Akra-Ti flash and put the stock air box back on...
Sorry I just noticed your reply in this thread. My FZ07 "fine tuning" has been interrupted by a weld-failure of my Ti bung to Akra can. Re-installed stock exhaust & did a 10-week, 11k mile ride on it. :-)Now I'm back home & ass-deep in mtb projects. Got to order & install another akra can. Then finish tuning & export to ftecu. Early March is the expected tuning window, so maybe done by April.My 07 runs fine, but uses more fuel than I want just above eco mode (5.5k rpm). That's what I want to fine tune, but not a high priority for me at this time. Sorry.Catfish ...

• Premium Member

Thanks for the reply...i have decided to have Hordpower tune my bike when i can remember to send an email...

Archived