The MT-07 Forum

Akrapovic Carbon Exhaust --- Titanium Band Broke

jeffkisthename

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

So this happened:

ca54875a1cde76168df9cbf0390c3c62.jpg

Now I've got to source the parts for repair. I might as well repack while I'm at it..?

SigSide.jpg

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
Any luck with akra customer service?
I've got the schematics PDF that has all the part numbers. I messaged Sportbiketrackgear.com and asked if they could help me.

SigSide.jpg

Any luck with akra customer service?
I've got the schematics PDF that has all the part numbers. I messaged Sportbiketrackgear.com and asked if they could help me.
share the wealth. lol

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
share the wealth. lol

It's a public file. You can DL from Akrapovic or most of the vendors who sell it like RevZilla or Sportbiketrackgear.com

SigSide.jpg

That's from using the wrong oil! (jk) heh, heh! Just one of those things. GL and let us know what you find.

Beemer

If it's less than 12 months old I would expect them to fix it
Agreed, but what is the warranty on the Akra, carbon fiber pipe? A year, more? I never checked.

Beemer

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
If it's less than 12 months old I would expect them to fix it
It is. Barely. I'll send some emails out.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

SigSide.jpg

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

2 years guys!!!

Just waiting on RevZilla to get back to me. Here's what Akrapovic responded with:

9d00490b9122fd3d2f4ac6f27fd0ce7b.jpg

SigSide.jpg

• Premium Member

From looking, despite the system label, I'm guessing that piece is simply a stainless "strap" and if it were me--depending, of course--on how much hassle a "sanctioned" repair may entail, I'd simply replace it with a solid, thicker/wider stainless (not one with water-hose clamp "threads") from McMaster-Carr. Just my nickel's worth.

I've found these kinds of "warranty" claims can drive ya nuts with everything from packaging to shipping to unending paperwork, if a return/replacement is needed. The saving grace my be Revzilla, with whom I've had nothing but the best purchasing experiences. Hopefully, their warranty system will prove comparable!

Best of luck and keep us informed of your progress with this!

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

I'm in luck.

Check it out. I've always had great experience with RevZilla Customer Service and on top of that, Akrapovic was great too.

ff517d79650cde4782329c616a310baf.jpg

SigSide.jpg

• Premium Member

I forsee some muffler carnage in the near future... I love these kind of warranty solutions...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

AlbatrossCafe
ff517d79650cde4782329c616a310baf.jpg

haha that is SWEET that they don't make you return it. Too bad they make you destroy it. I feel like I could use it somewhere. Although I am sure that someone with photoshop holes could craft up some good enough pictures to make it look "ruined".

Either way, if I had leftover Akra pipes I would totally reuse them to try to make some ridiculous custom exhaust. Now I want mine to break...

Guest ChicagoAJ

Jesus, I had to jump through all types of hoops to get them to send me a new Akra Carbon. I have nearly the same email from Eric saying they've sold hundred of systems with no problem like that ever seen before. They also wanted me to send mine back. Nicole was awesome though when I emailed her. She was the one who got my return authorized eventually. 

21e53eg.jpg

24fheeb.jpg

I wonder if they're going to send an entire system or just the muffler...

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
Jesus, I had to jump through all types of hoops to get them to send me a new Akra Carbon. I have nearly the same email from Eric saying they've sold hundred of systems with no problem like that ever seen before. They also wanted me to send mine back. Nicole was awesome though when I emailed her. She was the one who got my return authorized eventually.  
21e53eg.jpg

24fheeb.jpg

They're sending me an entire system. The order they have placed is for the full system at $749. They said I'm the first with my defect though lol.

SigSide.jpg

Guest ChicagoAJ

They told me the same thing, I couldn't find the other email. It's basically identical to the first one you got from Eric. If all they want you to do is destroy the muffler, I'd buy a cheap muffler and just replace the can on your existing system then sell the other new system.

I remember you have a decent sized dent in your header though, you lucked out getting a whole new system instead of just the can.

AlbatrossCafe
Jesus, I had to jump through all types of hoops to get them to send me a new Akra Carbon.  

Your issue was.... debatable... ;) 
Jeff's is pretty clear-cut that it is a defect. Makes sense why his went through much more easily.

• Premium Member

Wow, the whole system? WHAT DID YOU SAY GEEZ... LOL.

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Guest ChicagoAJ
Jesus, I had to jump through all types of hoops to get them to send me a new Akra Carbon.  

Your issue was.... debatable... ;) 
Jeff's is pretty clear-cut that it is a defect. Makes sense why his went through much more easily.

Obviously they didn't ask for his mileage. Haha

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
Wow, the whole system? WHAT DID YOU SAY GEEZ... LOL.
I said this:

0d59564c35c5513877ec7cc7a1085780.jpg

And also included a screenshot of my original order.

SigSide.jpg

JEEEEZ! I wonder now if they are rethinking about can straps that will stay in place without the use of rivets. I think I would be if I were in the business. Maybe it doesn't happen that often, anyway, congrats on your soon to be new pipe!

Beemer

21e53eg.jpg

24fheeb.jpg

They're sending me an entire system. The order they have placed is for the full system at $749. They said I'm the first with my defect though lol.
Ha! Just read this after my first post. (talking about the remark about the strap being the first to break) You should've told them it's material, not eternal.  ;)

Beemer

Archived