The MT-07 Forum

How to find Yamaha bolt sizes

Redstang4

Found this on another forum, had not seen this before and not yet time to verify.  But thought is would be great info to share.

Copied and pasted from venturerider

Default How to find Yamaha bolt sizes...
Every now and then someone asks what size a particular bolt is. Just thought it would be helpful to post this from another site. FYI, you can get the part# from most Yamaha dealer websites or here.

"How to get sizes of bolts from the part numbers...
The Yamaha microfiche shows the bolt size, you just have to know how to read it. Here is how it works...

The part number is broken down into 3 parts 99999-06012-00 is an example. The second part, which is 06012 tells you the size. That bolt is 6mm in diameter and 12mm in length. If the second part was 08024 the bolt would be 8mm in diameter and 24mm in length. The first part of the part number tell what type of part it is such as bolt, screw, washer etc. and last 2 digits generally determines the finish such as black, cad, etc"

• Like 2

Any way to determine the thread pitch? I do have a thread pitch gauge, but it would be helpful if I was ordering bolts to not have to run to the bike and check pitch.

• Premium Member
Any way to determine the thread pitch? I do have a thread pitch gauge, but it would be helpful if I was ordering bolts to not have to run to the bike and check pitch.
Most of the time it will be standard pitch for a given size, Example, M6 is 1.0, M8 is 1.25, M10 is 1.5, M12 is 1.75 and M14 is 2.0 
Once in a while you may get a size that has an odd thread, but they are far and few between. Usually you just need to know the size and length.

Regards,
Ed

"Do not let this bad example influence you, follow only what is good" 

• 2 years later...
  • Premium Member

I know this is 2 years ago, but thank you! I was about to post a topic asking for the exhaust stud length (part # 90116-08087-00) but this answered it for me. Bump this to the top!

his face seems pulled and tense
like he's riding on a motorbike in the strongest winds

• Premium Member

I don't think this works for all bolts.

I'm looking for the size of these:

5VS-26332-00-00  Front Master Cylinder

• Premium Member

Yeah... come to think of it 87mm is pretty damn big for a simple exhaust stud. Can that possibly be right ??

his face seems pulled and tense
like he's riding on a motorbike in the strongest winds