The MT-07 Forum

Has anyone used any drybags besides Kriega's?

skousik

Hey everyone,

I'm looking to start touring on the FZ, and would rather get soft saddlebags than hard luggage, to avoid having to install a bunch of bulky hardware. Also it's a lot cheaper :P

I've looked into Kriega's dry bag sets, but I'm also curious if anyone has used anything like these:

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/dryspec-d68-modular-drybag-system
https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/nelson-rigg-se-3050-deluxe-adventure-dry-saddlebags

Cheers~

I use 2 Dryspec D28's that I lash to either side of a Kriega US30. I also use Rok straps from the passenger foot pegs through the bags and then to the stock tail light bracket for extra stability. This gives 85 liters of luggage space, plenty for a weekend camping trip or a longer trip if staying in hotels.  

link

link

I know you were looking for Kriega alternatives but these 2 systems mate together well...just food for thought.

...these 2 systems mate together well...

Oh good to know! Do the buckles actually work together? Or do you just lash them together? 
Also, if you bring a spare helmet, is the D28 big enough for it?

Oh good to know! Do the buckles actually work together? Or do you just lash them together?
The buckles do not work well together. I just use 2 additional Rok straps to lash the D28's to the Kriega bag. Both the Kriega and the Dryspec bags have a lot of tie out loops so you can lash any bag together in any configuration. Your only real limitation is the size of the tail section of the bike. 

Also, if you bring a spare helmet, is the D28 big enough for it?
The D28's are 9" in diameter so a full face helmet will not fit. You could use something like small cargo net to secure a helmet to the top of the Kriega US 30 though... 

I looked at the Dryspec D38 but it seemed to be getting a little big for the FZ-07's tail section to me...just my 2 cents worth.

Archived