The MT-07 Forum

Oil filter test

faffi

The guy looked like Steven Segaul

Pretty much everything the guy pout down ws copy and pasted.  Waa Taaaaaa, Informatin seems accurate and to point.

Personally I use Amsoil on the bikes Oil and Filter, I keep K&Ns around if I go to a track as well as OEM when I cannot afford the Amsoil.  I am a PC of Amsoil, them costs go down a lot as a PC or Dealer, but the issues with amsoil is it is a MTL Multi Tier Level (AKA PYRAMID SCHEME) if you want to buy into there marketing plow.  But one hella product for sure, that 18$ oil is 8 bucks if you wait for free shipping.  Royal Purple no thanks, all the rest MEH  as it stated change your oil ad filter every 3k.

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

44 minutes ago, r1limited said:

The guy looked like Steven Segaul

Pretty much everything the guy pout down ws copy and pasted.  Waa Taaaaaa, Informatin seems accurate and to point.

Personally I use Amsoil on the bikes Oil and Filter, I keep K&Ns around if I go to a track as well as OEM when I cannot afford the Amsoil.  I am a PC of Amsoil, them costs go down a lot as a PC or Dealer, but the issues with amsoil is it is a MTL Multi Tier Level (AKA PYRAMID SCHEME) if you want to buy into there marketing plow.  But one hella product for sure, that 18$ oil is 8 bucks if you wait for free shipping.  Royal Purple no thanks, all the rest MEH  as it stated change your oil ad filter every 3k.

Ha! You mean the Steven Seagal that received the Razzie Award nomination for Worst Supporting Actor for his performance in Executive Decision. The same Steven Seagal that needed Kurt Russell's presence for a movie he starred in to get decent ratings? That same Seagal?  Kurt Russell is awesome! Should've been his face in the pic. 😁

Sorry, faffi, didn't mean to derail.

IMO, If you plan on keeping your bike till the day it dies oil filter choice may be a bigger concern than to a person that doesn't plan on having the bike a long time. I also can't help but think most modern oil filters will probably do a good enough job and that most bikes will get sold, traded or wrecked before any really bad effects from particles in the oil will be seen by the original owner. That isn't to say people way down the line of owning it won't see any and maybe they would be more concerned about what oil filter people used previous to them but maybe some things aren't as critical as they're made out to be. For example, bacon is over-rated ...... I take that back, never mind.

Beemer

8 minutes ago, Beemer said:

Ha! You mean the Steven Seagal that received the Razzie Award nomination for Worst Supporting Actor for his performance in Executive Decision. The same Steven Seagal that needed Kurt Russell's presence for a movie he starred in to get decent ratings? That same Seagal?  Kurt Russell is awesome! Should've been his face in the pic. 😁

Ya that guy, apperantly he needed Russle in the Filter article too ;)

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

I think you are spot on, Beemer, about who needs to be concerned about oil filter quality or not. Then again, it's a bit like the abuse of bikes we discussed recently; should the owner decide over his or her things, or should we all preserve everything for the best of the Earth 😋

4 hours ago, Beemer said:

For example, bacon is over-rated ......

I saw this and forgot what the post was about.  I just saw the rantings of a crazy person....

But then you took it back, so all is good with the world again.

Archived