The MT-07 Forum

Swing arm tag bracket?

p0k3yiii

i really want to do a clean under-tail on the bike and maybe some led strip signals. 

to do that i need to find somewhere to put the tag though.

does anyone know if we have a specific size that will fit our bikes that is shared with a older more common bike?

also just give me ideas on how you guys cleaned up the back end i like the tail tidys but i really wanna just have a clean look 

thanks again

Get a backpack with a mesh pocket on the outside and put it in there when you ride lol. Jk I think you can get a ticket doing that. The tail tidy really cleans up the rear of the bike. I know what you mean by not having anything hanging off the tail cuz that's what I wanted to do. Just couldn't find anywhere to put the plate.

• Premium Member

I would check with your local laws in regards to visibility of license plates. Plates where I'm from have to be visible and must have a light to display them at night.
I think I've seen somewhere someone has tried what you're thinking. The plate was affixed directly under the tail of the bike, not visible by any means.

And yes - You can get a ticket for it.

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

hmm... nah im not sure atlanta PD is going to be thrilled with that..

if i just knew what the brackets on other bike hooked too im sure there is part commonality that would allow me to do it

Had one on last bike, nice curved piece of aluminum that used a piece of all thread through the axle to mount. Easy to run power for the led plate bolts. Check state laws for if you can mount it vertically, some states it's a no no.

• 3 months later...

I was looking at adding the Ducati Diavel swingarm plate mount but I think it will be a real hassle to make look proper and function. It would be nice to keep all the shit off the tail of the bike though.

Archived