The MT-07 Forum

Handlebar,mirrors,and handguards

HARRY BALZAK

HARRY BALZAK

Okay, so I looked through the first 12 pages and didn't really find what I was looking for even though I thought I had found a thread on it before. Well like a lot of people I wasn't happy with the stock bars riding position, it was fine while cruising, but once things get spirited I felt like the bars were getting in my way, so I followed advice I had found here and bought a set of Renthal street ultra lows and mounted them up last night. I will say the name is a bit deceptive as I was expecting something a bit more aggressive, not quite clip-ons but something in between. They aren't, so anyone reading this concerned about the name "ultra lows" thinking they will be extremely low, don't. I'm not fully back together yet and with all this dang rain I haven't had a chance to ride with them yet, but just sitting on the bike and making motorcycle noises, they are a lot better feeling than the stock bars. My hands are maybe 1-2 inches further forward and maybe an inch lower. I hung off the bike imitating a corner and I didn't feel like I was going to chip a tooth on the bar end so I'd say they will be an improvement over the stockers. Now to my questions.

I had bar end sliders mounted that are now obsolete as they won't remount. I have about an extra inch of bar end sticking out from the throttle tube and grip that I can either cut off or maybe mount bar end mirrors. Okay this is getting really long winded so I'll just get to it. I'm thinking about mounting hand guards to act as sliders and then maybe adding bar end mirrors instead of cutting off the bar ends. Will bar end mirrors mount straight to the 7/8" bars, and do you think that the hand guards and bar end mirrors will look to busy, and more importantly get in the way of moving my hands around? Does anyone have a similar set up and have pictures? Hopefully that is clear enough. Thanks.

• 3 months later...
theycallmepo

So I’m really weird and don’t like universal parts...so I contacted pretty much every vendor in the US that Barkbusters sells to. Well nobody would special order the direct fit handguards for the FZ07...except for Twisted Throttle.  They fit perfect and I’m still able to use my CRG mirrors without any problems.

FZ.jpg

FZ2.jpg

Edited by theycallmepo

1 minute ago, theycallmepo said:

So I’m really weird and don’t like universal parts...so I contacted pretty much every vendor in the US that Barkbusters sells to. Well nobody would special order the direct fit handguards for the FZ07...except for Twisted Throttle.  They fit perfect and I’m still able to use my CRG mirrors without any problems.

https://imgur.com/gallery/IylzSYC

You can upload pics to the forum easy, ya know. Imgur not needed

theycallmepo
Just now, Cruizin said:

You can upload pics to the forum easy, ya know. Imgur not needed

For some reason my phone didn't like it, I'll figure it out once I get on my computer

• 1 year later...